Clearer Name Tags

.StεvƐ.

Suggestion Name: Clearer Name Tags

Suggestion Description: To have the option to show player names in either a different colour or on a coloured background.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: This should be added because it would make distinguishing who's who in a traffic jam, Wreck, or troll fest a lot easier, at current we have white lettering on a transparent background, making seeing names in the daytime all the more difficult. My idea is to have the option to either have the names of other players show up in a clearer colour of the players choice, baring in mind that it needs to be seen in day and night (perhaps even an option to have day and night colours) or to have name plates displayed on a opaque background, making it easier to see them through sun glare and other trucks, kind of like the player marker name plates we have in GTA Online that are white letters on a black background which are easy to distinguish from the environment.

As a note, I have searched on here and in both ETS2MP and ATSMP and haven't seen anything relating to this, but please, correct me if I am wrong.

• Upvote 5

+1 I think a good idea would be to have a color selector in the settings menu, like the colors for the dots on the map or the Tag itself. It would be nice if we could change the color of the names, this may also help people with color-blindness issues.

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

2 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:

Hmmm maybe just simply increase their size and make them bold will do the trick to make them more readable?

I was thinking that, but you still have the issue of the opaque background which, when people have light coloured trucks or if the sky happens to be bright and clear, makes the names incredibly difficult to read until youre alongside someone or in the shade.

Because I have acute colour blindness (for me, I can read things better if they are in a deep blue colour) white letters for me are extremely difficult to read, especially on a see through background, which is a lot better for some people as well as for keep your UI clean, but for people like me especially, trying to make out peoples names is like trying to find a needle at the bottom of the sea.

• 1 year later...

+1 I like this idea as I always read the in-game number the wrong way round XD, maybe this will help

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 2 weeks later...
On 13.04.2016 at 1:19 AM, megadethsteve666 said:

This should be added because it would make distinguishing who's who in a traffic jam, Wreck, or troll fest a lot easier, at current we have white lettering on a transparent background, making seeing names in the daytime all the more difficult. 

+1 good idea ! Always wanted to see something like this in game

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 this would help alot as sometimes when im trying to see a specific name tag especially during the day it is increasingly difficult

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

+1 but there is a risk of people making their name black so it can't be read clearly....i seen crews on gta online with black as their colour & you simply can't read the text! 

For example ( forget the text & livery on the ambulance is high viz reflective ) if it wasn't would you be able to read those colours together? I have eyesight problems i.e split optic nerves so i can't see whats right in front of me at times & its blurry! 

Clear big text & lighting 

maxresdefault.jpg

Not so clear, hard to see ( again forget they are reflective ) 

IMG_3578-L.jpg

@ScaniaFan89, a work around would be to “lock” certain colours and shades depending on the background colour set, so if a white background is set, then dark colours are allowed, light are locked, for a black background, light colours are unlocked, dark colours are locked. That’ll stop people from being able to make their name tag unreadable by just simply locking off shades and colours.

Or it could be made to be the opposite color to whatever it is on, so if it is on a black car it is white and vice verse, although that may be harder. As it may need 
more time spent adding that.

Edited by MettleMeat
Removed unnecessary quotation of suggestion topic as response is directly intended towards it.
  • Like 1