Server not connect (EU 2)

highspeed-dd

Currently, it is not for me and many other players available to play on the server EU 2. EU 1 and US 1  are no problem, but it seems EU 2 strarke connection to be problems. Exactly how that looks, I hang on as an Link.

LG High

Power of Highspeed B)

Driver and dispatcher of the company ILG logistics.
TS 3: spedition-ilg.teamspeak.de or 62.104.20.132:10148

logoneu4439C.png

The problem is for some time with the EU2 server on EU 1 I always come, just like on US 1 who does not grade offline as grade now.
I go online every day and "only" the EU 2 server makes these problems forever. :huh: :blink:

Power of Highspeed B)

logoneu4439C.png

I asked around, and it seems that EU #2 is being DDOS'd at the moment.

If you are unfamiliar with the term, it means that someone is sending a large amount of requests to the server rendering the server unable to respond to all of them, or it might use all of the server bandwidth.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

That would indeed be the case but for weeks (about 2). I am among many other riders from whom I also understand (mostly German driver) is not the only one who does not come because the mood.

Power of Highspeed B)

logoneu4439C.png

If it is DDOS shouldn't the company where server space is being rented take action against this? As Highspeed-dd said it has been a while and though DDOS attacks can continue for weeks, they usually only do for as long as they are successful. Clearly a job for the hosting company of the servers.

It's hard to take action against it other than pulling hte plug, as they can easily sue botnets to send the data from thousands of different IP's, making them unable to block the IP of the DDOS, also even if they block it they can still use the bandwidth of whatever server is the first to recieve the data, or even overload the server/service that serves as a protection against DDOS attacks like that one.

TL;DR: It's hard to do much against an ongoing ddos attack except pulling the plug.

Ex-Developer

The DDoS attacks run for weeks, and no one does what is new to me.
Restart the server once again, there probably would be a start.
I do not know since then, but to make the run, helping also nothing.

• Upvote 1

Power of Highspeed B)

logoneu4439C.png

The DDoS attacks run for weeks, and no one does what is new to me.

Restart the server once again, there probably would be a start.

I do not know since then, but to make the run, helping also nothing.

Even if you are prepared handling a DDOS attack is hard, I think we just need to trust that the server techs and devs are doing what they can to solve it.

Ex-Developer

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.