Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Good budget steering wheel?

MartyTheGamer

Hello everybody, haven't been around here in a while...

I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good budget steering wheel? My old one stopped connecting to the PC and soon I should be getting the money back. I can't really spend anything over 45-50€.

Right now I'm looking at a Hama Thunder V5, that is like a better version of my first wheel (Hama Thunder V18), and basically another version of my second wheel (Speedlink Drift O.Z.). It's the exact same design I would be buying for the third time.

Any other good wheels I could get for this money?

I would suggest either waiting and getting a t80 then, rather than spending on something you don't want. The only other alternative, that I have done in the past, is get an old MadCatz PS1 steering wheel and a ps - usb converter cable. however a ps1 wheel takes a lot of irritating configuration to get right and even then the deadzone is huge

I second the Speedlink Darkfire if you're looking for something really cheap. It's small but not unusable and it's pretty comfortable. The pedals do feel cheap though but the wheel itself feels really well made. If you have a bit more cash and you don't mind something used, you can probably pick up a Driving Force GT for around £50.

Twitter | YouTube | Portfolio

Driver for TruckSimRadio VTC.

signature.php?&id=459

Keep in mind some wheels you can switch out the actual steering wheel for something bigger, if there are no buttons on the steering wheel. There are some aftermarket center post adapters available for using a third party real world steering wheel. I've been contemplating doing this to my G25 but it's a lot of rewiring to put the buttons back which I need.

You'll find me mostly on ATSMP. Look for Jguy in the shiny iridescent purple truck!

Following all the rules of the road and ticket free since 2003!

please dont buy a cheap wheel.. buy something with atleast 900° deg. of rotation, thats a must have for a good truck driving feel and so you are able to keep in control.. nothing is more anoying than people all over the road who cant hold there lane. :)

i would say logitech driving force gt, g27, g29 or thrustmaster t300/500 with th8a shifter. all way over your budget, but worth it to save up for them!!!

as long as you cant buy one i recommend using your mouse to steer or a controller.

sysp-73354.png

^

I'd really really love a wheel like that but I have no choice as I I'm too young to have a job and my parents don't really want to fund anything computer related because they're already annoyed at how much I use it... Other than that, I am trying save up money for better PC parts, so I don't feel like throwing it all for a wheel at the moment.

How about a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia?

http://www.cclonline.com/product/120471/4460094/Game-Controllers/Thrustmaster-Ferrari-458-Italia-Racing-Wheel-for-Xbox-360/JOY0150/?gclid=CP2FyvXJhMwCFRATGwodsecP4Q

This is what I have. It's lasted me a year so far, however just be careful when going under it as mine moves about all over the place because I kept banging my head on it. ;)

22 hours ago, MartyTheTrucker said:

I'd really really love a wheel like that but I have no choice as I I'm too young to have a job and my parents don't really want to fund anything computer related because they're already annoyed at how much I use it... Other than that, I am trying save up money for better PC parts, so I don't feel like throwing it all for a wheel at the moment.

you could try to find a logitech driving force at ebay or somewhere else for cheap.. used maybe..

i would not buy a cheap plastic wheel without 900° - dont trow your money out to crap!

i guess you have just to save some longer.. i recommand mouse gameplay than :D

ps.: just a tipp why dont you ask your friends? or make i a chrismas/birthday gift with your relatives..

sysp-73354.png

For the past 3 years I have used a Logitech Driving Force GT. Still in perfect condition and works like a dream. Picked this up in Argos on black Friday a few years back for only £45. I almost feel sorry for the shop :P. I believe they are around £90- £110 depending on where you buy them from.

900 degree steering, FFB, +/- Gear shifter

Before this I had a Thrustmaster Ferrari (Don't know the model number). I had that for about 2 years but the spring went. This is not 900 degree and did not have FFB, I am not sure what the modern Thrustmaster wheels have now, they might be different.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

my current setup. budgeted around 80 gbp.

-Steering wheel: Speedlink Darkfire (Brand New - Amazon)

-Pedals (Gas and Brake): PS1 MadCatz wheel, wheel is hidden under desk (only used for large pedals) (from Ebay)

-Clutch pedal: Right pedal of Speedlink Darkfire

-Shifter: Xterminator Dual Control joystick on plastic box. (could be found second hand, mine is my dad's old one from the loft)

Actually very good setup. uses joy2key to shifter as well (free)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived