install problem

-SnowMan-

Question

Hi,

I'm having install and start up issues, I followed the correct process and the MP is installed in the correct directory but the short cut for the desk top is not created (not a big deal) but after digging through the files and finding the ATS and ETS2 MP launchers

they wont launch even as admin but I get a message stating

"Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file.

You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

also trying to uninstall the MP results in the same message

6 answers to this question

Are you sure you have given the correct path in the installation? For me (and most likely for you too) the path for Euro Truck Simulator 2 would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

That could explain this:

9 hours ago, kushty said:

"Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file."

Ready to go!

On ‎6‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 11:25 PM, TruckBro said:

Are you sure you have given the correct path in the installation? For me (and most likely for you too) the path for Euro Truck Simulator 2 would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

That could explain this:

I checked and that's what it says, I don't understand what is going wrong I have installed it in the past but I had to do a full reboot of my comp and since then its not working

also I found the launch icon for ETS2 and ATS in a hidden file called VTRoot if that means anything

Edited by kushty
more Info