US Server Question...

RHODY

Question

12 answers to this question

Ehmm...Every player is free to play on any server that He/She wants to and yes, that server is made for people who live in that part of the world.

The point is , that if you live in e.g. Australia, the delay between the sent and received information with the US server will be so huge, that the server won't be able to synchronize your game with anyone else on it

• Web Developer

So I'll give you an example.

The server is currently hosted in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

In Canada there's 3 main language.

- English

- French

- Punjabi / Hindi (Different than Punjabi but Hindi is the main language is India) / Urdu (Speaking is similar but the writing is different in their own characters)

There's one thing you must understand. In North America, people are free to speak the language they want. There's no law forcing them to speak english. But if they want to communicate with other people that doesn't speak their language. They'll probably need to speak english. So saying that the North America server should only be english speaking people isn't really true.

One last thing, there's no in-game rule where it says the person using CB Radio must speak in english. Everyone's welcome to speak their own language.

I hope I've answered to your question.

Have a great day,

Jean-Mathieu

• Upvote 1

A server is just that, a Server. A Server is not designed for players to be assigned to their nearest server. Its for convenience of those who play. The servers are designed so that people in 'America' and 'Asia' don't drive with high pings or get auto-kicked from the EU serevrs.

So, to answer your question, No. Your American server is not designed for just you North Americans, its made for everyone who live close to the server to use.

And next time, perhaps don't be so selfish and think that the US server is just for the US.

Cheers

Trucking Australia

HHA Manager

• Upvote 1

Let's see here...how about an example...I live on the West Coast of the United States. I play ETS 2 sometimes as well as ATS. Here's some recent stats to help clarify. Even though I live in the United States, I chose to sign on to the EU1 server...

If I sign on to ETS 2 and play on the EU 1 Server my ping is 147m/s...which means myself and those around me sometimes seem to lag, and their trucks will go back and forth...the game is a bit de-synchronized. On my screen players trucks seem to teleport here and there, and I will appear to do the same on the other players' screens. 

If I sign on to ETS 2 and play on the US 1 Server my ping is 89m/s which means myself and those around me are much closer to being synchronized, meaning that players around me move much more fluidly, there is such a smaller delay in communication between my PC and the server. Players trucks' look to be driving forward and not jittering back and forth, and I appear the same on their screens. 

Where I live does not restrict what server I play on, but through technological limitations, one server is preferable over the other. So the other servers are there for people seeking to minimize the de-sync between their games, and others' games. 

Hopefully that simplified it a bit, and made it more clear...I don't know, I could have contributed to making you more confused... I hope I didn't! 

• Upvote 1

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

^^ As explained in previous answers, servers are placed to minimize the communications time with players all around the world. At first, there were only EU and NA servers, later, developers opened servers in Asia and South America. That way, every player can test and see what server gives the better playing experience. NA server was initially placed to let American players have a better ping when compared to EU servers. American people includes South America... And maybe Asian players find that their ping to NA server is also better than to EU servers.

Another problem is that people want to play in crowded servers. South America/Asia servers are better located for players from Brazil, Argentina, etc./China, Japan, Korea, Australia, but they keep connecting in EU or NA servers just because there are a lot more people there, this is a multiplayer MOD and it makes no sense to go into empty servers where you'll find almost nobody else. As there are no restrictions other than the auto-kick for high ping, you can find people from any countries and languages in any servers. I even connected once or twice in SA and Asia servers, just to test. SA server would be nice for me, right now with the CB radio, because of the language (I'm Spanish and can understand Portuguese more or less), but my ping there and the lack of players make it a no go.