"Where did you come from?!" Bug

EG0611

Just for info: Since latest update the game's rendering distance is automatically decreased to 150m when there are more than 15(or 20?) trucks in your range - afaik that was made to reduce lagging in areas with a lot of traffic (I believe that's why the players are visible on the map but no trucks were rendered before you got closer to them).

Anyway, on the 2nd video, it kinda looks like the guy connected in the middle of the road?

One tip: the Route Advisor/GPS shows the location of players even if they are "invisible". Even if road looks empty, you should check the advisor for any traffic or else you may end up cutting somebody off/, failing to give way/yield, etc. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

4 hours ago, Titanic4 said:

One tip: the Route Advisor/GPS shows the location of players even if they are "invisible". Even if road looks empty, you should check the advisor for any traffic or else you may end up cutting somebody off/, failing to give way/yield, etc. 

I have to deal with;

My truck

My trailer

Oncoming traffic

Behind traffic

TROLLS

and now I have to check route advisor every 5 second? Dude our job is getting harder than real truckers :/ 

Well, technically in highly populated area, the players are mostly invisible, but their position is displayed on the advisor as a dot. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

^not for all of us....  some of us enjoy playing dottless ;)

and that makes it harder when the trucks spawns in so late

Dude, this is an internet forum. You can't expect people to read stuff. Jeez.

And we want players who can behave, I'm afraid we can't have what we want :(

"Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off. "

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, Titanic4 said:

to be fair, its great to say, oh look at the GPS to se where people are, but when you are entering a highly populated area or even just going down a quiet road, most of the sane drivers are looking at the road ahead and in their mirrors instead of the GPS every 5 seconds, ive had incidents when ive been turning a corner so im looking at my speed, my position on the road, where my truck is drifting to, looking for oncoming traffic that might be going too fast, checking my RPMs and shifting gears if needed, so chances of seeing a little dot on the GPS in time, being able to slam the brakes and avoid an accident when someone pops in is near impossible unless you are actively staring at the GPS the entire time, in that case, why aren't you looking where you are going?

mirrors and windows were created for a reason you know, so that you can check for traffic in front of you, to the side of you and behind you, to say that, if you hit someone who spawns in front of you on the road is your fault because youre not looking at the map is ridiculous (which, out of slight context, is what you are saying). ideally it would be great if people spawning in on the roads become NC until all traffic has passed that vehicle, that way, people have time to see that person and don't run the risk of totalling their truck.

Just a little bit of note: Please try not to load save in busy areas like EP. You might get reported after you spawn on the middle of the road. You can still quick save on the emergency lane without getting into trouble. (as long as you don't park in someone else's way)

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

^the thing is, this sort of thing isn't just found around busy areas, people just respawn in the middle of the road anywhere, ive lost count how many times in both games ive had to either go oncoming lanes, ditch in the grass or flatten every brake available to avoid hitting these people, it annoys me that if you do hit one, they report you and get shirty with you, when how the hell can you see them when youre concentrating on actually driving your vehicle instead of starring at the GPS for people spawning in, its getting ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived