Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I'm done with multiplayer

Slippin' Jimmy

15 hours ago, TAM-Raiden said:

You're right, MP will never be perfect because there will always be trolls.

But it could be much better than it is now if there were more admins, you can't argue with that.

im sorry but more admins don't solve anything, if there were less idiots on the road and less false reports made, things would run smoother, but because people sometimes cant seem to grasp how to drive without ramming people or decide its great to report people for no apparent reason, admins have to sort all this out, which means when something major occurs, people get angry because "admins don't do things fast enough". Also, the newer the admin, the more mistakes they can make, no one is perfect, people make mistakes, but if you take anyone from one position in a "job" to another, youre bound to have mistakes happen, which have consequences.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^welcome to the world of online trucking, where trolls can be around every corner, like two guys just now on EU2 ATS, I come around the bend coming into Bakersfield, next thing I know, im face to face with two guys road raging the hell out of each other... if only everyone would behave.... but nope, people drive like idiots, then blame someone else for their mistakes.

I suppose if nothing changes then there will always be mass criticism of admins on here.

Yes the admins do allot of work, too much work in fact.

Yes, it's amazing that they take the time to it as well as other things in their lives.

Yes, people are always going to criticise admins for being lazy if there are only like 30 or so between two games of thousands of people. Just read that again: 30 admins across two games that both get over 2000 people playing at peak times. That is not right and it isn't fair (on both the current admins and the clean players).

All I'm saying is make it easier for people to become admins, training is clearly very important and I'm not saying hire people with no training. Just get rid of all the faff and history bollocks a user must have/achieved to even be considered, it really puts people off.

Hold an admin open-day on the forums or something to attract some people who are interested, just to take the weight off the current staff.

3 hours ago, TAM-Raiden said:

I suppose if nothing changes then there will always be mass criticism of admins on here.

Yes the admins do allot of work, too much work in fact.

Yes, it's amazing that they take the time to it as well as other things in their lives.

Yes, people are always going to criticise admins for being lazy if there are only like 30 or so between two games of thousands of people. Just read that again: 30 admins across two games that both get over 2000 people playing at peak times. That is not right and it isn't fair (on both the current admins and the clean players).

All I'm saying is make it easier for people to become admins, training is clearly very important and I'm not saying hire people with no training. Just get rid of all the faff and history bollocks a user must have/achieved to even be considered, it really puts people off.

Hold an admin open-day on the forums or something to attract some people who are interested, just to take the weight off the current staff.

so you want MORE admins, yet less guidelines for who can be hired? (says goodbye to everyone playing MP) all youll get are inexperienced or trolls as admins banning, kicking and causing issues for everyone involved in MP, even though we have 30 admins, those 30 admins are experienced, dedicated and fair in all circumstances given, you throw in any tom, dick or harry and youll have people being banned because on the admins screen theyre static for 1 second, itll turn to chaos, no, leave the system how it is, admins should be experienced and unbiased, you cant vet people just by face value, so my survey says, nope.

Admin open day?! Oh my lord, what would the trolls do on that day?

Answer: /b All Players Just cos I want to HAHAHAH xD

(If you know the /b syntax, then you know that if there's no time specified, it's a perm ban :P)

We need and have very experienced admins who do it as best as they can. Granted, we might need a few more (Maybe 3 at most) for some other time zones and other peak times, but otherwise we have a balanced, unbiased and fair admin team who try their best on the online reports and in game. I'm not admin (as you can see :P) but I do a lot of online recording and reporting at the Europort and Rotterdam, and nearly all of the players I've reported for offences there have been banned for some time eventually, so it's like we're all the admin team indirectly if you get me.

2 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

so you want MORE admins, yet less guidelines for who can be hired? (says goodbye to everyone playing MP) all youll get are inexperienced or trolls as admins banning, kicking and causing issues for everyone involved in MP, even though we have 30 admins, those 30 admins are experienced, dedicated and fair in all circumstances given, you throw in any tom, dick or harry and youll have people being banned because on the admins screen theyre static for 1 second, itll turn to chaos, no, leave the system how it is, admins should be experienced and unbiased, you cant vet people just by face value, so my survey says, nope.

Did you even read what I said?

Find interested players.

Do a basic background check for MP / check an application.

Start training.

New admin.

I'm not saying they should hire random people and throw them straight in, of course that would cause chaos.

I've daydreamed about being an admin. However my biggest fear would be making an error in judgement and banning someone who didn't deserve it, some sort of stupid mistake like that, which wouldn't help the admins poor public opinion as of late...

As for the OP, we have such dwindling numbers of players it's a shame to see you leave. Hope you reconsider and come back eventually.

For those who say the current admins arent hiring more and fast enough ...well The admins we do have are doing their best. Strict application processes ensure less breaches of security and abuse of privelages...they don't just let anyone off the street become a  cop, ya know? 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

On 4/1/2016 at 9:27 PM, edwardteach said:

Sorry but I can't take the idiots who don't have the first damn clue about driving a truck.  Pulling out in front of you, swerving into you, passing on corners or hills, ramming, trolling the edges of non-collision zones.  All in the space of less than 10 min.  I'm done.

Yeah report them you say.  Well if I were to do that, I wouldn't ever get any actual driving done.  Like I said, I'm DONE.

Dont let trolls win on you,

be smarter than them ;)

3 hours ago, TAM-Raiden said:

Did you even read what I said?

Find interested players.

Do a basic background check for MP / check an application.

Start training.

New admin.

I'm not saying they should hire random people and throw them straight in, of course that would cause chaos.

umm yes I did read your post, hence my response...

its not that easy to say, oh you SEEM to have a clean record, you can be an admin, don't you think the most experienced and smart trolls would make sure they have a clean record on a account, apply for admin position, go through training, then suddenly you find every server is empty because the troll perma bans EVERYONE on the server before moving on? why do you think people need to be trusted? need to be given a trial period? for everyones well being. so no, plus, the current system isn't exactly that hard anyway, as long as you can prove youre not an ass and not going to just ban for the sake of having the control. so no, the current system works and works well, so leave it alone.

besides, my dream would be to be an IGA, the number of times ive sen people completely breaking the rules right in front of my eyes just astonishes me, but I don't go for it because I don't want to make a mistake and screw everything like a nub.

19 hours ago, megadethsteve666 said:

so no, the current system works and works well, so leave it alone.

Forgetting why this thread started in the first place, huh? Okay.

Lets leave the system as it is and let people complain constantly then leave the mod because nothing is being fixed.

I'm trying to bring up solutions to this problem as best I can, it's people like you who are ignorant enough to wave people goodbye if they have an issue with the game.

1 hour ago, TAM-Raiden said:

Forgetting why this thread started in the first place, huh? Okay.

Lets leave the system as it is and let people complain constantly then leave the mod because nothing is being fixed.

I'm trying to bring up solutions to this problem as best I can, it's people like you who are ignorant enough to wave people goodbye if they have an issue with the game.

the thing is, the problems raised in this thread are PLAYER based, not admin based, you cant STOP people from playing online, you can only control them and if they misbehave, ban them, its a simple concept. trust me, the suggestions you came up with would just make MP a lot less of a friendly and populated place to be, if you relax the guidelines for who can be admin anymore than they already are, we may well just let ANYONE from any background be admin on the server, I wonder how long the servers will last before a couple of trolls join as admins and ban everyone who is online or tries to join for the sake of it, no, as far as im concerned, and im sure a lot would agree, the admin system is fine how it is, eventually it may get improved and expanded upon, but that's part of development, for now, if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Also, the number of people ive seen on the forums has reduce considerably over the last year or so, so saying more people wil complain yada yada yada is just hot air in reality, if it was so bad, don't you think it would have been addressed already?

Also, how dare you call me ignorant, if you look at OPs records, hes not exactly a saint himself, yet starts rabbiting on about unfairness and crap like this, all I can say is the only unfair thing is people complete lack of respect for their fellow truckers, both while driving and on the forums.

Giving everyone without ban history admin privileges is a bit like saying "Oh, you can be admin because you're new."

If you notice the current team, you'll see that they're all at least a year old on the forums, and have little/no ban history, meaning that they're trusted as an admin, and they're experienced with the multiplayer mod and the forums. So, they are used to people complaining, trolling, and some nice players, that's why @I<3VODKA and @Clarkinator pick them. If you see Clarkinators admin stream every Saturday morning, you'll see the kind of work they do, and they do make mistakes, but they're easily rectified and apologised for later.

You think you can be an admin @TAM-Raiden? Get Clarkinator to give you admin privileges for a day. Just a day, and I bet, you may be in for a big surprise. Except you can't, because you have to work for it, as mentioned above, so you can't be an admin for a day, proving my somewhat previously mentioned point.

^to be fair, it takes someone with knowledge of the way people can drive, have good communication skills and isn't a big trouble maker, that's just for starters really, it just astounds me how many people absolutely wipe the floor with admins at times, yet dot take into account the work they do to keep the servers a rollin`, it does freak me out sometimes when I see an admin behind me while driving, because I don't want to do something stupid and end up wrecking them, although it is hilarious to see when admins do drive around, how suddenly anyone following or passing the admins behaves so perfectly, kinda like how people react to seeing a police car IRL lil

58 minutes ago, FlyingDutchman said:

@megadethsteve666 that isn't totally true i have experienced that when you even logged on players still trolling,blocking around and even ramming me ;)

they don't read the red letters, they see a truck en go mad xd

meh that's true, its just whenever ive seen admins driving around the place, most of the time people behave to the highest degree, the only ones who step out of line are the guys who are hardcore trolls :P although I can imagine, if a normal driver like me gets an average 10 troll rams a week, I can imagine admins get a lot more, I expect its some kind of trolls point system, ram an admin its 1000 points, ram a play 100 points, (I can just imagine trolls playing like that tbh)

On 01/04/2016 at 2:27 AM, edwardteach said:

Sorry but I can't take the idiots who don't have the first damn clue about driving a truck.  Pulling out in front of you, swerving into you, passing on corners or hills, ramming, trolling the edges of non-collision zones.  All in the space of less than 10 min.  I'm done.

Yeah report them you say.  Well if I were to do that, I wouldn't ever get any actual driving done.  Like I said, I'm DONE.

You're not alone mate.

Last night someone drove into the path of my truck during a lag spike, however now that I am banned he has sent evidence that shows me driving into him which is not what I saw on my screen the video carries on to show me turning right because on my screen I saw his trailer across my lane.

signature.png

Archived