I'm done with multiplayer

Slippin' Jimmy

Sorry but I can't take the idiots who don't have the first damn clue about driving a truck.  Pulling out in front of you, swerving into you, passing on corners or hills, ramming, trolling the edges of non-collision zones.  All in the space of less than 10 min.  I'm done.

Yeah report them you say.  Well if I were to do that, I wouldn't ever get any actual driving done.  Like I said, I'm DONE.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, there are a lot of trolls. It can be very annoying. I understand the frustration you are going through.

But you can report them on the main website here - http://truckersmp.com/en_US/reports (if you have evidence such as video footage). If you report in-game by using the report system, there are a lot of great admins in game that usually gets to your report fast (just depends how many reports the admins are getting and how many admins are online).

Sometimes a lot of admins are offline however, but everyone needs a break from things. You can't do the same thing for hours and hours everyday :)

Admins can't be on 24-7. Instead of playing the game they do the many reports that come in each minute. If you would really like to report them on the website, yeah it may take a while, but at least, in the end, it will be done. To see the amount of work they do you should try and watch a twitch stream of admins doing their work.

You guys forget that some people actually PAID mainly for multiplayer,it is obvious they will ask for support asap when things happen

I suggest you don`t leave MP,but instead: Don`t try to force exit from a service/company when there is a troll,usually,someone else will force him and then the magic of non collision will do the trick and take them both out

When encountering a roadblock: Try to push it,DO NOT HORN (that`s why they block,so you can show that you get pissed),and don`t flash either,try to go around or wait for another person to try it and when he does,go the other way (because he was blocking the other guy at the moment)..If he has a trailer,take a little patience,traffic will be made,Admins will be noticed easier

When encountering a troller,don`t try to hit him right away,wait and see if he tries to ram you out or brake-check you,take measures,and let him not hit you..Let him pass you or you start driving full speed..After you get in front of him,try to get him on the speed lane,and then force your trailer onto his cabin truck,that will slam him,then drive away,once he comes do it again,and then you`re done

This way,you will end up with good results,damage will be minimal and you won`t have to pay for every delivery

At least to me it worked,because for some reason,trollers were avoiding me (no bs,they were literally blocking roads and ramming but were not harming me in any way,avoiding me,or driving slowly)

If none of this works,you can quickload an autosave

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

When encountering a troller,don`t try to hit him right away,wait and see if he tries to ram you out or brake-check you,take measures,and let him not hit you..Let him pass you or you start driving full speed..After you get in front of him,try to get him on the speed lane,and then force your trailer onto his cabin truck,that will slam him,then drive away,once he comes do it again,and then you`re done

So, you're suggesting that if you find a troll you should become one? And that's what works for you? In that case you'll be banned eventually. When I find a troll, I just quicksave and slow down or even stop to let him go away, if he doesn't or if he damaged my truck or trailer, I quit and go into SP to load the quicksaved game, drive some time and then go back into MP. And of course, with a nice video to file a report in the web and get the troll banned.

EDIT: ON TOPIC - If you found that amount of issues in just ten minutes, my suggestion would be to avoid the most crowded places in the game, I've been off-the-game for a while, but in my experience, you can drive thousands of Km/miles either in ETS2MP or ATSMP without any problems.

Use quick save a lot,I always hit quick save when a truck over takes,just before corners but i use the radar to just check if anyone coming opposite direction, well if you get annoyed by silly kids using it like a race track or you so fed up with trolls you do need to leave as your too emotionally involved in ETS2,so just relax in SP and look after yourself

I for one never get angry or sad at  trolls as they make great footage on you tube :))

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

5 hours ago, FernandoCR said:

So, you're suggesting that if you find a troll you should become one? And that's what works for you? In that case you'll be banned eventually. When I find a troll, I just quicksave and slow down or even stop to let him go away, if he doesn't or if he damaged my truck or trailer, I quit and go into SP to load the quicksaved game, drive some time and then go back into MP. And of course, with a nice video to file a report in the web and get the troll banned.

EDIT: ON TOPIC - If you found that amount of issues in just ten minutes, my suggestion would be to avoid the most crowded places in the game, I've been off-the-game for a while, but in my experience, you can drive thousands of Km/miles either in ETS2MP or ATSMP without any problems.

Then why play MP? The point is not just to deliver cargo,it`s to drive,and avoid obstacles (but not by playing SP)

You just serve back a troll,as long as you dont hurt people that did nothing,then it`s ok

8 hours ago, ZombiezPvP said:

Why can't admins be on 24/7? there is like 100's of them? It would be faster for staff to be on 24/7 then accept reports on forums I think

... I don't believe there're hundreds of them, I don't even think there're hundreds of staff members at all.

I'd say there're around 15-20 admins, all with different personal lives and time zones, so, no. They can't be on 24/7.

If you were admin, would you be on 24/7? No? Well quit your whining then.

9 hours ago, ZombiezPvP said:

Why can't admins be on 24/7? there is like 100's of them? It would be faster for staff to be on 24/7 then accept reports on forums I think

as far as im aware there isn't hundreds of admins, plus, admins are volunteers, they have their own lives to lead, so some cant be on MP everyday, besides, its not fair on admins to say, oh you HAVE to stay online 24/7, how would you like it if you were acked to do the exact same thing? the admins do a stellar job keeping the roads clear and warning us of major issues that occur and to avoid them, although some people are drawn to this sort of thing, if I were an admin, I sure as hell wouldn't expect to be made to govern a server ALL day and all night, every single week, you'd go insane, not to mention everyone has their own life to lead too.

As for OP, well if you cant learn to swallow your pride, restart your engine, put your truck in gear and keep on rolling no matter what BS happens to you, well then good riddance, ive had trips where people have purposely wreck me, I think the record I had was 15 separate incidents in a 1,000 mile journey in ETS2, that was purely down to noobs not knowing what they were doing, trolls wrecking people and just general BS driving, im not driving god, I make mistakes, even some as dumb as forgetting to put it in gear when setting off from lights, but have I stopped playing MP? no, Ive just picked up the pieces of my trips and kept on trucking down the road

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

You just serve back a troll,as long as you dont hurt people that did nothing,then it`s ok

No, it's not. If an admin sees you "serving back" someone, he'll ban you, no matter what happened before. And don't forget that the troll can record video, same as everyone else. Maybe he's just provoking you to make a bad move or go insulting in the chat or CB, so he can report you later. That's why your suggestion is wrong.

The point in the game is to drive and deliver cargos, but as in every online multiplayer game, you must be aware that you'll find people who don't care about this and only want to "have fun" by trolling other players. In this game, there are areas well known to be trolls magnets, avoid them and your worries will go down hugely. If someone insists on driving in Rotterdam, EP, etc. in peak hours, knowing the problems he'll find there, then why complain? It's like he's looking for trouble.

38 minutes ago, TAM-Raiden said:

There would be more admins if it wasn't so damn complex and difficult to apply/become one. I really struggle to buy into the whole "admins have so much work to do" thing, when the solution is so ******* simple. 

More admins = less work.

Yet it's near impossible to become one.

being an admin would not be easy. many people say "i would be a better admin than [insert name here]" but if they were they would not do it. you need to be patient and accept that trolls will hit you, idiots will cause crashes and so on. admins are people who give up THEIR PERSONAL TIME to try and make YOUR experience better, but I have seen many people who have said "i would be a better admin than you" or "admin do something [insert profanity here]" when in reality they couldn't be an admin for 2 mins without breaking and going offline. its so hard to become an admin because they want people who are patient and don't let personal views affect judgement. more admins may work as a solution, but I could only name a handful of people I have seen who I think would do good at it.

I'm not trying to insult admins... I have all the respect in the world for what they do. I hate it when you mention admins and people immediately start throwing out accusations.

What other solution to this issue do you or anyone else have in mind?

The thing is, there is no other solution. It will always be tough work for the admins and it will only get tougher as Truck Sim Multiplayer becomes more and more popular. 

The state this mod is in now it has clearly out-grown the amount of staff available, which is clearly the source of OP's problem. I'm not saying let any random person become admin just like that, but it needs to be easier and much more simple to become an admin than it currently is considering the size of this operation.

the issue is nothing to do with MP, its people who expect everything to be perfect and are not prepared for anything bad. I was not accusing anything, you may notice I didn't mention any names, for a reason.

solution: take off the rose-tinted glasses and accept that MP is not going to be a perfect world where no-one is even slightly irritating.

^I can and would like to but remember more admins means more people getting kicked/banned unintentionally and causing more problems. more admins also means a new admin may starting kicking out teleporting people out of traffic when they are ok with waiting. see more admins comes with more issues that I will list to you in a Pm if needed. but believe me I can argue with that.

13 hours ago, ZombiezPvP said:

There's 31, split between 8 servers on 2 different games, who also have real-life commitments such as their job to do daily? There is also sleeping involved somewhere along the line...

Archived