Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Australian ATS Server

aaaz

Australian American Truck Simulator Server  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should ATSMP Add An Australian Multiplayer Server

This poll is closed to new votes

ATSMP Should add an Australian Server because there are allot of people struggling to connect to European or American Servers as you just about get kicked instantly when you join due to your "Ping"

Australians also are allowed to play the game, you can find them in stores, In, AUSTRALIA

I believe Australian servers and bandwidth costs a load of money, so unless you want to donate a load of money to mwl4, this won't be noticed. I can also imagine @Clarkinator would like an Aussie server aswell, given that he lives there too.

I've also commonly found that new server suggestions are rejected, I can't see this being an exception.

On 11/7/2015 at 11:28 AM, Tuxy Fluffyclaws said:

Suggestion Name
Suggestion Description:
Any example images
Why should it be added?:

@Detrioum IR Please update your topic with the following format otherwise it will get rejected.

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

This topic has been brought up many times before, and every time it has been rejected for the same reasons. 

I would love to have an Australian server but unfortunately, like @heyhococo said, it would cost a lot of money and unless you have the money to support the server, It will never happen.

@StuartD is also correct. The more servers that TruckersMP get, the more spread out that players get and the servers won't get the needed capacity to keep them going.

The issue that Australia has (Like @MrCreeper said) is that we have very average internet. Even with the NBN roll out, it is still slower then most of the faster cables in the US and in Europe. (Thanks Tony Abbot -_-). 

I personally have no issues connecting to any server. But in saying that, I probably lag a lot to those that have smaller pings because my ping sits at 350-400ms.

I believe, that even though an Australian server would highly benefit me, I don't think that the cost would out way the benefits and for that reason.

Cheers

Trucking Australia

HHA Manager

P.S - Please use the correct format. :D 

• 3 weeks later...

^^ You see your game running smooth and every other truck lagging? It means you're lagging for everyone else. I noticed this myself a couple of times, all trucks were lagging, checked my connection and Steam was downloading some update, using all the bandwidth, ping had gone from 55-60 to more than 500 ms (miracle, it kept under 600 so I wasn't kicked for high ping). Stopped safely, waited for Steam to finish downloading, ping went back to 55-60 and no more lag.

Precisely because of the prices/quality ratio, the developers decided to set a server in Asia (firstly in Taiwan and later moved to Hong Kong if I remember correctly). Maybe you should try that server if you're having issues connecting to EU or NA. But the main problem will keep being that the server will be most of the time almost empty and people don't like playing in empty servers. Hong Kong and Brazil servers were set to give players on those areas a better gameplay experience (regarding ping times and lag) and still, you see most of Asian and South American players don't use them, they connect in EU or NA instead (worse ping, lots of lag, but more player count).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.