Steam Virus - Important / Warning

StuartD

• 3 weeks later...

As I blocked the guys who were contacting me I also came across this but in a different form: Hey bro, I have some cool knives and swords I wanna trade! Here, take a look at this image: ----------------------------------

So also watch out for them.. I had 4 of them talk to me saying the same thing

Calhon.jpg AVTC1 Owner - Calhon

Not much to do with steam. But some helpful advice...

If you have Google Chrome and there is Pop ups, Adware on the easiest and most effective way of getting rid of it is to go onto Settings>Extensions then disable all extensions that you didnt add on your self. Do not delete them as they will automatically reinstate them selves then next time you Restart your computer. Just disable.

Hope this helped everybody.

Kind Regards,

Elliot Ferenc

76561198156767297.png

If you haven't already, get Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/). Though it may not stop the bots sending you spam, it will help stop the malware from getting on your PC. Also enable any website protection you have in your regular antivirus.

Oh God yet another link was sent, don't click it!

Only joking that link is safe as I use that program on regular basis.

• Upvote 1

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to add a little extra warning

If you ever recieve any link or filetransfer from someone without first planning it or confirming with voicechat that it's not a virus DO NOT click or download it unless you check the ENTIRE link MANUALLY first and confirm that you know the website

And NEVER go to websites ending in something like .jpeg or any other imagefileending since they're mainly direct download links

There's a good reason that my steamaccount is still worth almost 3k euro and not 0 euro and that is because i DON'T click on random links or filetransfers (i don't care about sharing this info because anyone with malicious intent reading this likely already checked my steamacc on steamdb and sent me a fiend request which i rejected already)

BTW the virus this topic was started about is old but they keep circulating which means that it's not useless writing in an old topic

new information:

If two people by name (NisseFar and Nivek) wants to add you to their list, do not accept. It is a virus.Tell it to everyone on your list because if one person on your list adds him or her, you get it too. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus

just to be sure 

new information:

If two people by name (NisseFar and Nivek) wants to add you to their list, do not accept. It is a virus.Tell it to everyone on your list because if one person on your list adds him or her, you get it too. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus

just to be sure 

Don't tell me you actually fell for that. It's over a year old copypasta and it's fake, I don't understand why it's been surfacing and scaring people recently, but there's no chance to get a virus simply by someone adding you.

^

yeah i did fall for that , because someone placed that message on my steam chat 

never had such a message before so i didn't know what to expect 

just search on steam forums and see more players have this and all the answers that i see is telling them it's fake 

so please ignore my post from 19 Oct 22:55

^

yeah i did fall for that , because someone placed that message on my steam chat 

never had such a message before so i didn't know what to expect 

just search on steam forums and see more players have this and all the answers that i see is telling them it's fake 

so please ignore my post from 19 Oct 22:55

And I didn`t check this and already spammed my friends with this message

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but thought it may be similar for me.

I logged in today and got a notification to change my password immediately: https://gyazo.com/0041cadb6800aefb56ce322585b9f00e

I changed my password on the 15th December already under suspicion that my computer has been compromised, so was wonder if I could find out of someone if anyone had logged into my ets2mp.com account between 15th and today (23rd) or am I just muttering paranoid nonsense? :D Just wondering why the site asked me to change my password when I had already done it a week ago.

• 1 month later...

That's a hack called a keylogger.That is a screen when you clicked on the link he downloaded it but you can't see that picture and you installed it.When you installed that file and when you press any button on your keyboard that hacker will receive a message.

76561198137313384.png

• 2 weeks later...