Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Steam Virus - Important / Warning

StuartD

Gentoo isn't an antivirus, it's a GNU/Linux operating system.

Malwarebytes shouldn't be used as your only option. It's not good enough and isn't intended for standalone use. Use something like Avast and Malwarebytes in tandem.

58 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

Just don't add anyone on steam you don't know IRL and don't click on any links unless you trust the person. Problem solved.

PS: Those who post pictures here you should redact part of the link because chances are someone will come along and manually type it in to their browser. 

Steam guard or not, that won't protect you from links. It just protects you from someone trying to log into your account. 

even if you trust that person and he send a link to you doesn't always mean it's safe to open.

there is always a change that the person you trust opened the link himself because he trusted a friend also in his steam list.

if you get a link better notify the person and ask if he is aware that he is sending a link. if he says no i didn't then you know for sure don't open the link.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2014 at 1:02 AM, 4D1L said:

Thank you for warning us StuartD. Got a message like this a few weeks ago but couldn't be asked to open it. 

[email protected]

Fix the errors below and try again

• We where unable to find Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator on your account, please ensure your profile is set to public and that you have played the game at least 2 hours

????????????? 

I can not walk

I deaf

• 5 months later...
  • Ashley locked this topic