Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Mouse Steering Officially Impossible

Mochigai

To whoever can successfully control your truck with a mouse, give yourselves gold medals. You are officially doing the impossible. I have never raged so hard in this game than when using such a ludicrously flawed control mechanic. Never, EVER using it again! Keyboard is eternal, keyboard is life!

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4051/EAUOCb.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3474/0vmctt.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3977/cuYJGG.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/6600/XZihXy.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4288/MYkEoR.jpg

All taken from ONE cargo trip!

Mouse and keyboard since the very beginning here...

1- Lower your game sensitivity  AND plain Windows (I have a DPI setting in "Logitech Gaming software" to set 5 different DPI setting on 2 button (+/-).

Have like 100, 250, 750, 1000, 2400)

2- When starting from dead start, you kind of have to unlock the power steering (or return to zero) to makes things smooth and responsive sometimes. When Steeting is not linear with your hand movement, get steeting left and right a little until it lock on.

Smooth as silk, not even tough on wrists.

Lowering the sensitivity did not alleviate the control problems to any noticeable extent. One way or another, the cab managed to find a way to either run off the road or completely tip over. Keyboard steering has never given me so much grief; aside from having to worry about slowing down enough to handle sharp turns, keyboard steering is predictable and reliable for me. How anyone is capable of managing mouse steering is beyond me.

Been using mouse since day one and have had no problems other them when someone knocks your mouse hand when they are walking pass you lol. I do also like using a controller (when mine worked) but since gone back to mouse just find it more responsive over all. I do find however every now and then you do get what I can only call a random spike where truck will just kick to the left or right, but that's only happen a few times in the last 4 years and was probably just light sensor from mouse hitting some dirt or something.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

I'm not sure if it is applicable here, but I given an ets2 gift to a pal of mine.

And even at lower sensitivity, its was too sensitive for my taste. Now that we are talking about people struggling with mouse control, I think he just have a poor DPI (resolution) mouse (and a bad sliding mousepad), so its not smooth to handle.

In MP, I clearly see who is driving with a controller/mouse over keyboard users on the roads. Keyboard (for me) looks so unprecise to drive and worst, less fun.

Also (my settings),

- no non-linearity at all

- mouse, sensitivity to 0% + 1 or 2 mini click up.

- Turning head factor to like 20%

- No blinker turning head

- No Reverse camera turning

- 75% cabin movement on bump.

Hope it helps.

On 27/03/2016 at 3:37 AM, Inthernet said:

I find the Kenworth hard to steer, even with a wheel. The newer Kenworth being worse than the Kenworth W. There's steering non-linearity built into these trucks. Before I had my wheel, I used mouse for hundreds of hours of ETS2 and the Scania with 6x2 was awful in the same way.

I crashed (deliberately) the W into a building or something before I put it into the garage indefinitely lol I find it steers way too fast vs the other trucks... Sure the other one steers worst but I rather a crappy steering setting that I could loosen if I wanted. But out of the 3 trucks I prefer the newer Kenworth over the others lol.

I love the W but I hate it's steering, the others are tolerable and are comparable to the Benz in ets2 imo.

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I started off using mouse and keyboard but then I had the urge to buy a steering wheel and pedals and never looked back. Huge difference and I would suggest to anyone to buy a steering wheel. When you use the keys to steer you get that jerky movement and have to re adjust and that got on my nerves but it all depends on how much you are going to play the game or whether you use the steering wheel on other games.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i don't think it's any kind of magic driving with mouse steering, it's just completely different to the keyboard control and therefore you have to get used to it. Back in the early stages of ETS2 i played with keyboard too, but at some point i just got sick of it as you can only do full turns all the time or none, and therefore doing light turns became quite annoying. So at some point i just tried to drive with my touchpad instead. The first few times i did this i drove on SP in order to ensure i can control my truck when i drive in MP for the first time, and boy did i crash often... But it was just a process of finding the correct settings of the steering sensitivity, after i managed to do that, it wasn't too bad. The other thing you have to keep in mind all the time, is that you shouldn't do any abrupt turns, as this may just cause your truck to lose grip. After i found the rhythm with using the mouse steering, i felt it was way more enjoyable than driving with the keyboard controls, as this just allows you to take wide turns way more accurate. You just have to train you capabilities with the mouse steering constantly, and it will work out... ;)

signature.png

Visit us on stvtc.co.uk or join our Discord-channel

Well to drive a mouse if he could be on it yet attributed to gas, brake and turn signals that would be great.
However, there is as the steering wheel is a real comfort.

I played ETS2 since day 2 until August 2015 with mouse steering (as well as multiple racing simulations since 2010). If you get the hang of it it is superior to keyboard in every way: It allows slight adjustments as well as fast corrections.

I do not remember any of my settings, but I believe they were not much different compared to default SCS settings.

Best Regards,

BS1

I used mouse steering for a short while back when I used keyboard, I felt it surpassed the keyboard in every aspect. Handling was tricky at first, but you get used to it once you fine tune the sensitivity :)

tick.png If someone has helped you, be sure to give them rep ^  

.:: Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum rules  |  In-game rules ::.

fooe6764pi8y.png

Cf4QKob.png   Almighty moderator of the Forums   Cf4QKob.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived