[Poll] Does Truck Simulator make you consider becoming a RL trucker?

Sincaxi

Does ETS/ATS make you consider being a trucker?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Does ETS/ATS make you consider being a trucker?

• Yes
    • No
    • Uncertain
    • I already am one, but no, ETS/ATS did not encourage me to become a trucker
    • I already am one, and yes, playing ETS/ATS encouraged me to become a trucker

I've always loved truck driving sims played them since i was small but my biggest influence was my father that's why i got my CDL. Although I do enjoy playing these games real life is more enjoyable. I still play because I work part time at a flatbed outfit but my main job is shuttling maltodextrin between a factory and a warehouse. Yard doggin it.

I would say no and I'll explain.  The life of a trucker has always intrigued me, however; my real life profession is a logistics supervisor at a very large paper mill.  The game does not realistically depict demurrage, live loading/unloading, etc experienced by 95% of all truckers.  This game is 100% drop and hook while reality is a much tougher life.  Also, in this game you can run from San Diego to Jackpot with no break.  Real life you're looking at a 10 hr break under current DOT laws.  The government has regulated the true blue collar worker out of business.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived