ATSMP Game Crash While Driving

AbNrml

Question

This is a very recent issue. (last 2 days)  MP game starts fine, may drive 10 minutes, 2 hours, or somewhere in between.  It doesn't matter if I'm on open road, city, or around other players.  Have even experienced this while stopped.  Here's the problem:  Game suddenly freezes to black screen, can still hear my truck running (and crashing if driving at the time), game crashes to desktop with ATSMP in taskbar but unrecoverable.  The only option is to use task manager and end process even though it says ATSMP is running.  I do not know if I have hit anyone while this is happening but if I have, my apologies to whoever it may have been.   I have not experienced this in single player. 

I have checked internal temperatures and voltages. All good across the board.

I keep my comp. clean inside.

I've tried stopping unnecessary processes before starting game.

Rebooted my modem and router (router is wired direct)

Graphics driver is up to date.

All other drivers are up to date.

Tried starting ATSMP in all 3 modes with no luck.

Auto-updates are turned off so no extra background processing/downloading.

Comp. specs:

OS - Win 7 64-bit

Processor - Intel I7-2600 3.4GHz

Memory - 16 Gig

Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

DirectX 11

Any ideas, suggestions, or help of any kind would be appreciated.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

I found the problem after trying several things before trying the obvious.  I rolled back my graphics driver, set game resolutions low, made sure plays.tv was updated, and so on.   I didn't freeze or crash but lagged like crazy.  Then my poor little brain had a real thought.  TURN OFF PLAYS.TV!!!  Everything runs like silk again.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'll either find a different video program or play without.  Doesn't matter that much really since I don't even report the trolls who purposely run into me.  They're a lot like ants and roaches.  You can work yourself to death getting rid of them but sooner or later they always come back. I only ran plays.tv to record my own silly mistakes for a laugh or two. 

• Upvote 1

Can you please select the very basic graphics settings and try again? Actually, as i understand that you could be able to play with the same settings earlier but, lets give it a try. 

+ Are you using any in-game recorder software like Plays.tv or Bandicam? (According to my experiences; when those programs are not up to date, they can affect the game.)

Thank you,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.