Why the audio was a bad idea!?

Николо

Let me explain why implementing audio system in ETS2MP was a bad idea.

I get the advantage and the fun in it, but it also comes with its disadvantages too

1. More Profanity

2. Loud Music 

3. Fights

4. Verbal abuse over countries

5. Racism 

6. More lag

7. "People"(I don't want to mention who) playing Russian Propaganda speeches (Experienced it first hand)

What can be done?

Implementing a comm ban system (If banned people cannot use the comm system for a specific period or permanently)

(With the lack of admins the outbreak of verbal abuse and trolling is at its highest)

I hope the devs take into consideration about this problem (If it is one) because we got children below the age of

15 Years who also enjoy playing MP and i don't think its right for them to get educated about certain things that 

they shouldn't be about.

While that is true, many, many other games have voice chat too, and the same thing happens there. We shouldn't have to have such thing spoiled due to bad behaviour of other players, it's not fair on those of us that like the feature, and also enjoy the simulator experience of having a CB radio. You can always record your game a report players for excessive profanity :) I'm sure the admins are well aware minors play the game which is why this is listed in the rules. 

However, if you personally don't like it, there's on off button on the radio, or you can change to a quieter channel. Also, I think in the tab menu, if you go to the settings you can turn the chat voloume all the way down to stop the annoyence on have to do either of the first two when relaunching MP. :)

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Signature.GetSignature()

There are rules covering CB use as well and they will be followed up with regular bans (abuse = game ban), if you encounter anything, record and report the same way you'd report any other offence.

There should also be a "mute" function , that allows you to "mute" (stop hearing) the user you don't want to hear. Last time i checked though, it was bugged, but when it will get fixed, all you have to do is to click a buton and you don't hear that annoying player.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

As much as I agree with you, there is a muting option, I tend to mute anything I don't wish to hear as well as report and grief or any form of abuse giving to anyone, it makes things so much easier instead of having to pull over and type.

5 hours ago, PairedPrototype said:

While that is true, many, many other games have voice chat too, and the same thing happens there. We shouldn't have to have such thing spoiled due to bad behaviour of other players, it's not fair on those of us that like the feature, and also enjoy the simulator experience of having a CB radio. You can always record your game a report players for excessive profanity :) I'm sure the admins are well aware minors play the game which is why this is listed in the rules. 

However, if you personally don't like it, there's on off button on the radio, or you can change to a quieter channel. Also, I think in the tab menu, if you go to the settings you can turn the chat voloume all the way down to stop the annoyence on have to do either of the first two when relaunching MP. :)

You pretty much nailed this post right here!

@Kyleauk Why thank you! :) I try to get to the point in a the most minimal amount of words lol. Which sometimes makes me come across in a bad tone, but I don't at all mean it like that! Which is why I throw in the odd smiley to show I am trying to be nice and understanding of the matter. 

Anyway, thanks for highlighting my mistakes! :D I've now noticed soooo many typos in there! :( 

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Signature.GetSignature()

I turn the CB radio off as soon as I log on, hearing a bunch of teens yell in my left ear totally breaks immersion.

I prefer to use Uncle D's CB Radio stream mod instead, you can get it from atsmods.lt

Skip to 9:11

So, main problem with the "turn it off": It will not stop streaming data to your PC. There should be an in-menu option, like in every other game too to enable or disable in game voice chat. Other games when disabling this feature completely shut off the VoIP transfer. Also switching channels doesn't help, so while this feature might be loved by many the rest would wish for an in-game option to be able to turn it off or on completely. (And I am not thinking about the button within the cabin, I don't want to even have it started at all)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

9 hours ago, Iron Spirit [NL] said:

I turn the CB radio off as soon as I log on, hearing a bunch of teens yell in my left ear totally breaks immersion.

I prefer to use Uncle D's CB Radio stream mod instead, you can get it from atsmods.lt

Skip to 9:11

Yeah agree mate been using this mod for a while some funny chat on there i like the guy who says " i go up to see her but she cant come see me " lol

:lol::lol:

after using the US server they seem to use it alot better by using proper cb talk instead of some whiney kids screaming down the mic for attention

I do hate the CB radio, and used to have it muted, but sometimes some good information does come through. I was driving the other day and heard someone had tipped and took out 3 other trucks round a blind corner. I hit the brakes there and then and only just avoided it.

Other times, well the profanity is excessive and unneeded. I would post an example but I fear that younger people on this sight would hear it. I don't swear at people or even when in a group of friends, The only time I swear is usually when I am on my own and get something terribly wrong when revising, doing work or something. When I used to do YouTube I didn't swear (old channel years ago, deleted it due to hate, I would rather not talk about that).

Lets just say an impromptu convoy took up the entire road and tried to block anyone overtaking them or try to 'race' them as they tried to go by. When you speak up about it they would swear and abuse you, I have a report about this one.

I haven't actually played ATS for a few weeks now, got very boring very quickly once you have visited every city and leveled up 20+ times so I don't know if it is any different for ATS, but for ets 2 it is fowl.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

I have heard some really really nasty stuff on the ATS CB not a lot but it's there but most of the time it's OK, I do think we will need more channels and have some rules like only use 19 for trucking talk ie, news on roads and hook up's etc and maybe Channel 14 can be used like a off topic channel.

CEO - The Lazy Truckers

VTL

Click here to join The Lazy Truckers

It's amazing how the the brain ignores the "the" before the second "the"
Read that again....

Yesterday I heard 2 f words from different users one was a audio over the other was a comment towards someone else's comment...

Over all I don't find ats cb bad at all I got useful info about a rammer going the opposite direction on the highway (shame as I was recording), I think I'll stick to 19 as it's the default, which sucks as stated above we should have static channels, including one that works for the whole map for reporting only, if that was implemented I'd idle in that chat and use it as a traffic report :D

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Archived