Lost horn sounds since CB update

RootBeerTuna

Question

I've only recently realized that I've lost the horn sounds from other players in ATSMP since(I'm assuming) the CB update. I've tried ticking and unticking the horn option in the tab menu in multiplayer, but I still can't get them back. I can tell people are honking at me but I'm just not hearing them. Was this intentional or is my game bugging out? They still work(as of yesterday) in ETS2MP, but not in ATSMP. I can hear mine fine, I just can't hear anyone else's. 

7 answers to this question

7 hours ago, John [Stobart] said:

Hello RootBeerTuna,

From the image below, make sure "Sound effects" are ON and Horn sounds are checked
<pic here>

I've done all that and the horn still doesn't work in ATS. It works in ETS, but not in ATS. I haven't changed anything since the CB update, aside from the voice volume, so I'm not sure why I would've lost the horn sounds. 

Edited by FirestarteR93
Removed pics from the quote to reduce post's size

1 hour ago, John [Stobart] said:

Please open a support ticket, over at http://truckersmp.com/support/

Our support staff will look into this.

Remember when I said I checked everything? Well clearly I am in fact an idiot. Apparently I had sound effects unchecked. Don't know how or why I did, but once I checked on that the horns came back. And I guess with my opacity lowered down I never noticed it was unchecked until I triple checked everything this morning. So, my bad. Now I feel really dumb. On the plus side everything is working again. So thank you for making me think to check it again. 

However, I am thinking about it now. Wouldn't sound effects include other trucks engines? How come I was hearing those with the sound effects box unchecked? I was still hearing them as they passed me, the only thing I wasn't hearing were the horns of other trucks. Any idea why that is? Or maybe on top of being an idiot I'm also crazy?

Hey, glad to hear it's working now !

As for your other questions , as you can see from the picture above, there are separate options you can turn ON/OFF , for Engine sounds, Horn sounds, gearbox sounds, reversing sounds and lift axle sounds. So the mod was not made in one big chunk of "Sounds ON or OFF" , but rather, you can choose what sounds to hear, or not to hear.

The simple answer is that they are managed separately.

Have fun in the game and keep on truckin' !

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15