Helping a beginner freeing his stalled truck in Quarry

Inthernet

I have a friend who recently started playing ETS2 very casually.  Soon enough, he had a 6x2 Scania R370 on auto transmission and stalled it on the quarry.  I received his savefile and started experimenting.  Since his understanding of sequential manual was nonexistant, I had to find a way to free him, replicating his in-game settings, and changing only the most basic things.  Having never tried casual beginner settings myself in ETS2, I was frankly, quite horrified...  Luckily, it was only a 8t load, were it a 20t, he would have been toast.

Put it into manual, apply the hand brake, open the throttle, release the hand brake, hope your going get out :P 

Had a similar situation with an under powered Iveco and a 25T load. That even took me 10 minutes to get out.

BTW they are the old Scania sounds, how long ago was that video taken?

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

What's so hard for him to "understand" about the sequential transmission? There's nothing hard or special about it. All games with land vehicles to drive have sequential transmissions - GRID 1 & 2, even Need for speed.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

3 hours ago, FirestarteR93 said:

After watching your video, i thought to myself " It ain't that bad" ....but ofc: It could be worse (simple automatic + 310hp +25t):

*best experience with that ugly orange trash was around 18:28 + also after the 9th min, the video turns into me trying to destroy the truck

Hahaha, lovely! Now, I dare you to try again with a 6x2 chassis. :P Trust me, the wheelslip issue is awful.

Keyboard: Manual

Don't need to put the gear in N, go with first gear, give some power then release the handbrake. If you rev it and change to first gear, you'll damage the clutch.

Pedals: Manual

Use first gear. Half clutch + power, then release the clutch and handbrake at the same time. Add more power after releasing the clutch

If you need to stop just a sec when climbing, don't use handbrake, half clutch and power, hold the truck without brake. Then just release the clutch when continue climbing. If you use handbrake you'll need more power and waste of fuel.

If using automatic, D1 > Power > release the handbrake. Thats it :P

TERjqBU.png

Archived