Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed limits

rado84

Why don't you make the city limit to be 40 mph and on the highway - 70 or 75? I haven't seen anywhere in the world a road sign with averaged speed limits. They're always rounded off. In EU the speed limit is 90 kph which in USA is rounded off at 55 mph. And all speed limits in USA are rounded off - 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85. There's not a single speed limit road sign for exactly 37 mph or 68 mph:

https://www.google.bg/search?q=usa+speed+limit+road+signs&newwindow=1&biw=2144&bih=1042&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0oM_-xLjLAhXHXiwKHTxdBKYQ_AUIBigB&dpr=0.9

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

^I find its slightly different, in cities its 37MPH max, and outside of restricted areas and cities its 68MPH maxed out, I don't get though why we cant have 35 and 70 in ATSMP, its not much higher, the US doesn't deal in KM/H and a lot of us driving in the game use MPH anyway, I agree with OP that if ATSMP had limits closer to real US limits, it would make the game feel better, plus I find that with manual 18 Speed shift, in most trucks 68 sits right on the bubble between 7th and 8th gear, meaning you either burn more fuel up in 7th or struggle to climb hills in 8th all the time, furthermore, limits in cities could do with being lower as people bobtailing around seem to think they own the road as their own personal drag strip all the time which gets annoying when people wreck into you.

1 hour ago, megadethsteve666 said:

I find that with manual 18 Speed shift, in most trucks 68 sits right on the bubble between 7th and 8th gear

Look better next time. :P On 18-shifter 8-th gear reaches 27 mph tops. I know because I drive with 18-shifter both in my MP and SP profiles - both with the same truck (T680). 68 mph is the very end of 14th gear and a little after 1500 rpm at 16th. When I reach that speed I always shift up to 18th for 2 reasons: 1. engine is quieter and 2. hopefully burns less fuel.

Did I mention i start (from idle) from 4th gear and shift them up skipping each odd number? :P 

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

18 minutes ago, ExilevRandall said:

I actually like the current Speed Limits I dont find them to much of a Bother 

Check on Google the meaning of the word "simulator", then check the link from the original post and you'll understand why the current speed limits are ridiculous and need to be fixed.

2 minutes ago, rado84 said:

Check on Google the meaning of the word "simulator", then check the link from the original post and you'll understand why the current speed limits are ridiculous and need to be fixed.

Yes i fully understand that but what Im saying is the speed limits don't Bother me to much on EU1 as ive gotten used to them :D

9 hours ago, ExilevRandall said:

Yes i fully understand that but what Im saying is the speed limits don't Bother me to much on EU1 as ive gotten used to them :D

they bother me personally because they are set to KM/H limits where the US doesn't use KM/H, they you MPH so sitting at full chap at 68 just feels off, if you drop to 65 yourself, then people either ram you or blow their horn at you and tailgate wanting you to do the limit, and yes, I do know theres unrestricted servers before you make that comment, but the majority of drivers on those only want to do 100+ everywhere and wreck anyone who gets in their way.

10 hours ago, rado84 said:

Look better next time. :P On 18-shifter 8-th gear reaches 27 mph tops. I know because I drive with 18-shifter both in my MP and SP profiles - both with the same truck (T680). 68 mph is the very end of 14th gear and a little after 1500 rpm at 16th. When I reach that speed I always shift up to 18th for 2 reasons: 1. engine is quieter and 2. hopefully burns less fuel.

Did I mention i start (from idle) from 4th gear and shift them up skipping each odd number? :P 

I meant when the gear marker on the dash which states 7H/7L or 8H/8L, I know that looking at it, top gear is 18th, but because of the range, its 5th H/L, plus I forgo to mention that in my W900 I never have the need for Low gears at all, even with the max weight on the back, besides, being in 18th gives me around 8-9MPG as opposed to 4.5MPG.

11 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

if you drop to 65 yourself, then people either ram you or blow their horn at you and tailgate wanting you to do the limit

Idk where you play and with what kind of people but I've never had this problem with being rammed on a limited server - a year ago on ETS 2 and now on ATS.

^it happens from time to time on EU1 ATS, especially on rural roads where guys want you to do the max of 68 all the time, when you don't do it they either tailgate the hell out of you blowing their horn or decide to pass you in the worst places possible, then cut you off nearly taking your nose off, its worse on EU2 though, that's a fact. ETS2MP never gave me as much trouble for driving under the server limits, you just had the general bad driving and trolling instead.

• 3 months later...

60 kp/h is plenty fast enough to be driving round in a city, any faster and your just asking for trouble with trolls becuase the more speed they can get, the more damage they will be able to do

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we stop talking about speed on this forum? I dont like no limit servers and I say nothing cuz I know I cant change anything on my own, so I go and play no speed limit servers because there is more people, while I drive think about fast drivers, what would I do to them if I would met them IRL (probably once he would start talking to me about ETS2 I would turn around and tell him to talk to my back).

So I suggest you to deal with speed problem however you find it works for you, because at this point you can do nothing to change anything about that.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

Hi there, thank you for your suggestion.

With the recent changes in regards to shifting our focus back to simulation, the speed limiters have been amended to reflect such a change. On simulation servers the speed limiter is set at 110km/h, whilst on arcade servers there is no speed limiter. We have typically measured the speed limiters in km/h and not mph as the majority of the speed limits in Europe are in km/h. It just so happens that converting the 110km/h into mph results in a uneven number. However, this isn't an issue for us.

With this mind, I will be rejecting your suggestion. I once again thank you for suggesting improvements to the modification.

Aestrial | Former Game and Community Manager

Are you banned?Report a player - Help - Global rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

No existe gran talento sin gran voluntad.