Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Help with account activation

RootBeerTuna

Question

I've followed the steps to activating my account, yet the button for activating it isn't showing up. I've played far more than the required 2 hours, my Steam profile is public, I play both ETS and ATS mp, yet I cannot activate my TruckersMP account. I believe I've done all of the steps involved in activating it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've done something wrong along the way. However, I'm sure I've done it all right, so please help!

9 answers to this question

I can't particularly remember the activation process myself, but I remember pressing the check button and waiting about 5 minutes and it disappeared. I think maybe the activate button might not be there if it's already detected your hours of play time. Have you actually tried launching the MP yet?

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Signature.GetSignature()

4 hours ago, Djinsomnia said:

Hello RootBeerTuna, 

Your account activation is run through your emails, currently activation emails are unavailable but this does not stop you from playing on the multiplayer servers. 

I hope this helps

Regards

Djinsomnia

Aah, okay. So I'm not doing anything wrong. And yeah, I'm still playing both ETS2MP and ATSMP but each time I check to see if my account is activated, I get slightly scared thinking I might be banned or something(not that I've done anything stupid, I tend to overplay the game, following the rules of the road and such). So it's nice to see that I haven't screwed up. Any idea as to when it'll be back up and running so I(and others I'm assuming) can actually activate our accounts?

And in response to the others who responded, yes, I've done everything right up to this point. My profile is complete, the button for activation just never showed up for me, and I signed up a few weeks ago now. So I'm assuming the system has been down for awhile now. 

15 minutes ago, Djinsomnia said:

Hello RootBeerTuna,

No problems buddy. 

Hope this has helped you.

Regards 

Djinsomnia

Well it hasn't helped with my problem :P But it has helped me understand why I can't activate my account. And it's made me realize I'm not an idiot in this case. Thanks again. 

• Upvote 2

Hey RootBeerTuna,

If you can login and play on Multiplayer (both ETS2 and ATS), then everything is fine.

People sometimes say they can't activate the game from TruckersMP portal, and hence they can't connect on MP servers, but since you're past that step and are able to connect , you just didn't received the confirmation email to let you know that you can.

Come to think of it, i haven't either :)

Djinsomnia said it better - activation emails are currently not available, but that doesn't stop you from playing.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

20 hours ago, John [Stobart] said:

Hey RootBeerTuna,

If you can login and play on Multiplayer (both ETS2 and ATS), then everything is fine.

People sometimes say they can't activate the game from TruckersMP portal, and hence they can't connect on MP servers, but since you're past that step and are able to connect , you just didn't received the confirmation email to let you know that you can.

Come to think of it, i haven't either :)

Djinsomnia said it better - activation emails are currently not available, but that doesn't stop you from playing.

Cheers

I believe I actually have received the confirmation email. I just received it a few weeks before I began playing online for the first time so maybe that's why it never showed as active. As I said above, it just scares me slightly to see that I'm not active so it makes me think I've been banned or something. I guess all is good so I shouldn't worry about it. 

Thanks again.