How do you guys keep the game "Fun"?

Save

Hey.

I have been playing both ETS2 and ATS for a long time. But after playing for around 1 - 2 months i get bored of it, so then i have to take a break from the games for almost a year for me to feel motivated to play both games again. How do you guys keep (especially multiplayer) fun for longer? I want to keep playing but I feel like there is not much to do right now.

I'm like a outcast, i enjoy the empty open roads of ETS2 (esp country). For ATS i usually try to long haul on interstate 5.

Tho i've not played MP since the forum was breached but eh eventually i'll get to installing the update (first i have to download it :P)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

For me, it was fun for a short period of time like a short burst of energy. 

Really though, this is the same for other games, communities and friends are what keeps you playing these games longer.

I'm more of a solo wolf, usually aggressive so I don't fit too well with players who take the trucking code of conduct seriously. 

4030215307613718s.jpg

when  i first cam to ets2mp it was so fun but after  a couple of months people being  ban  ect... it made the game look boring  and i see people want to have a joke or have a  laugh at something  now i think for 5 months i've been all alone  im most of the time the way i get friends is from streamers when they are  on  i join and truck along with them  

but yea  if use  have a  look at those days  back  when there was traffic  jams ect.. more people  join  and think it was a great idea to copy what other  players are doing  , but it just ruins the game and waste 4 hrs  doing  nothing  just getting injured ect..

so that my  point  

76561198098873827.png

Before I became a staff member I ran a few VTC's and was in few others as a staff member, this is how I stayed motivated, being involved with a community, even as an admin is great fun, full of banter and great people who share common interests. 

To stay motivated I would recommend joining a conmunity, such as Apollo (Yus I did it ;) ) and you won't regret it!

Making challenges for self can keep the game alive. For example, i'm only doing >120k euro jobs (approx.1600km or longer), finish them with no damage, try to do them in one hour (#EU2 ETS2, with careful driving, causing no risk to others of course). Two excellent jobs are enough for jumping one level, so i'll do it until level 100 (I'm at 89 now). Then i'll explore the map for %100 achievement, maybe i'll return to do economy runs with j-spec trucks after all this, i don't know. Game has lots of possibilities for the likes of us, i'm sure you can find something like these when you want to. Or, like others said, join in a good VTC, have some company with you, you are in a multiplayer mode, make good use of it :)

^ This.

I make challenges, like the Multiplayer Hardcore challenge, where, if you get into an accident, you start the game over from level 0.

Try to drive as realistically as possible. Equip your truck with the smallest engine and try to carry the heaviest jobs.

Do convoys with people you don't know.

Try to break some of those world records.

Go for achievements.

Make your own achievements

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

^ that'd put me to sleep :D

12 hours ago, PairedPrototype said:

Oh I can agree with the random trucks flipping :lol: Or when someone attempts to overtake you, and suddenly, a wild barrier appeared :D 

Yesterday someone was weaving all over the road (I'm guessing from the weighting station), I thought because I was on the right lane they went to the left, but nope they went back... I took the left lane to overtake and was paying too much attention to their truck to notice me getting too close to the median XD

I bounced and tipped them over in front of a whole bunch of players on the other side XD technically it's their fault, but my daily for not watching my left... It's because I did a quick lane change and obviously didn't fully correct my steering position... Joys of keyboards (and yes I have it recorded lol)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I always go along to random convoys that start in many different cities, (most of which were Rotterdam..) To many other cities that I haven't discovered yet.

And I've made plenty of friends along the way! Before I got MP I had 0 friends in steam (I was very very new), but now I've built up quite a few more, including some staff members from here. I've always found it quite fun being in the middle of everything, but even I have to take breaks every so often (As demonstrated by me this week).

Well its a simulator, so simulate more!

In singleplayer, add mods, maps and such...

General and Multiplayer :

Simulation :

- 1st thing to do is to downgrade your engine to 370 hp (ATS) and try some 18+ ton loads. You will now start to feel back like a truck, not a racecar.

- Try to follow speed limit, even if limitter is off, its fun to enjoy the scenery or other ppl truck at a slower speed. Also, acceleration, curves,hills and staying in the lane is better.

- Use compression (manual sequential) to slow down and air brakes and try to avoid real brakes for as much as possible exept to get to dead stop.

- Turn off F3 display window, use onboard GPS (you can ajust scale (see binding).

- Close F2 mirrors, and bind a key to check left and right before turning, backing up etc in first person (I use 2nd mouse button and/or Left-Alt).

- Set expert parking only in setting, and get better :)

- Try to use a more common truck (visual) without looking like a flying saucer, different and more sober colors, less accessories (ets2).

- Starts smoothly 5,7,9,11,13,15,17 gear ((loaded) manual sequantial), switch around 1250/1500 (hills,highway) rpm, or skip some if you shift higher than 1500.

- Starts smoothly 6,10,14,16,18 (empty) and again, shift 1250/1500 (someone told me that they try to distribute the wearing on even (empty) and odd (loaded) gears.

- Try not to back up when stopped at a light on a slope (like in San Francisco). So like in real life, Parking brake one, give gas release parking brake an such...

- Wait your turn before parking, people passing trough me is a immersion breaker for me, but that's a battle I have dropped ages ago :), Still wait your turn, put your flasher, and get your parking done like a boss.

Audio :

Keep engine audio level above or equal to your music, have to feel that roaring if you have decent headphones or subwoofer. 

MP :

- Be courteous, patient, aware of other people behavior.

- Suggest a destination in "all chat" or CBr ch 19 (default) and see if ppl want to tag along, nobody is going to answer 9 times on 10, but that one time might be a new friends on steam for ya to convoy with.

- Join Ets2 Teamspeak server, Theres is A LOAD of people there, join a channel, behave like a human and meet new friends?

- Check Ets2c.com (ets2 convoy) to participate in a convoy, its usually a little laggy, but pretty fun depends on how many people and trolls are in.

- You can always start/get on a VTC (virtual trucking company) and be hassled with paper filling ;)

- Set yourself an objectives like explore 100% of the map, take detour (set waypoint) to get the scenic road or get all steam achievements.

- Bind a key (i use F10) to quicksave when you feel dangerous behavior (please park on the side of the road, or non-collision), and try to get your trailer with 0% percent damage.

TLDR:  Try to immerse yourself in the simulation like you would drive a rig in real life.

EDit, typos, and added some stuff =D

@T3k That's very good! I like those ideas. Me and my friends do try to immerse ourselves sometimes, i.e. we'll joke about the astonishing prices for a packet of crisps (or potato chips for Americans) when we fuel up :D

If OP has that type of humour, it's quite funny at times. 

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Signature.GetSignature()

On 11.03.2016 г. at 3:39 AM, _Lee_ said:

Hey.

I have been playing both ETS2 and ATS for a long time. But after playing for around 1 - 2 months i get bored of it, so then i have to take a break from the games for almost a year for me to feel motivated to play both games again. How do you guys keep (especially multiplayer) fun for longer? I want to keep playing but I feel like there is not much to do right now.

I download the biggest maps I can find out there for both games. Well, for the single player mode, at least. Multiplayer is another story. For MP I just find convoys to be in, otherwise playing alone I can do in SP mode.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

it be nice to be on when more people are on but i haven't gotten bored of it yet.  i wish i could be out there actually driving truck.  but the most amusement i get is from going down a road and finding a flipped truck in a area that idk how they even flipped it. it be nice if a few convoys are on when i am.  i have just grabbed a trailer and followed behind a few convoy's just for something to do.  but definitely joining a vtc made it more interesting. just need some friends that dont just play for a hour and get bored

blah1945.png

ee3crhf5sd.jpg

I like to play with friends or VTC members, A really nice experiance is with convoys, I also like to watch Kat_PW traffic cams and listen to his music, also keeps me aware of the traffic in Rotterdam.

I've been considering doing some sort of pen-and-paper economy mode to add challenge back to my game. I keep working out new variables and challenges to overcome as I go along. Things a real owner operator might face.

I had to buy a new truck for MP, so I started a new profile and took out the $400,000 loan (I did use a parking xp cheat to unlock all parts because I have no time to manually unlock everything I'd like to use)

Deactivate the mod, go on MP and drive. If someone obliterates me, I just F7+Enter and eat the fees, but keep a detailed money log on a notepad. I add real prices for the jobs and stuff, like maybe .25 cents per mile payouts and the like, not the in-game defaults which are very generous.

I'm really shooting for the owner operator experience so I devised a little system where I have "artificial competition" when selecting jobs. I generate a random number between 1 and 5 and that's how many other "owner operators" are assumed to be in the city bidding on my list of jobs. I remove five jobs from the list to simulate those being taken (as if I was outbid) and then if there are jobs left for me I take what's available. I also consider what realistically the shipper would pay me based on how many jobs I have successfully completed in Excellent condition for them. Kind of gives me a reputation system with the in-game shipping and receiving companies. This determines what they would pay me and what cargo they would trust me with. As you can imagine this really limits my job choices, but it definitely adds a sense of realism. 

I was trying really hard to find a way to implement this system, plus an actual city to city supply and demand chain to a VTC, but sadly, I have no programming skills so everything I do is random number generation based, dice based, or stat-kept to physical paper notebooks. Imagine if say, in San Francisco there is a shortage of food products. The payout prices for loads of packaged and frozen foods in San Fran would jump enormously and everyone in MP would scramble to hookup to foodstuffs and get running. Those first few drivers would get the elevated market share, but then, demand would drop off and late drivers would get standard market prices and no bonuses. That would add a whole new element of strategy and fun...plus having a shipper and receiver reputation system with drivers would be great. Take too many jobs from Chems and abandon them or deliver them at 95% damage and you will no longer be offered jobs from Chems. Deliver cargoes from other shippers who will give you jobs back to Chems in good shape and your rep can be fixed, ect ect.  

So when I started I wouldn't take jobs from any shipper but Walbert, to simulate being an unheard of driver no one wants to contract with. As I completed jobs in Excellent Condition only I would gain rep with the shipper and receiver companies and then could search more jobs, ect ect.   

Ultimately I have just been trying to see if I can make my loan repayments in time before the bank takes my truck, ect ect. I wish there was a VTC that had a way to bid on jobs and have actual economic competition as part of it, so I'm really looking forward to the economy that the MP mod is quietly mentioning now and again. 

──────       ▄▌█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ---
─── ▄▄██▌█                         BIG BAD HAULERS                        █
                                    ▄▄▄▌▐██▌█             THE OWNER OPERATOR GROUP           █ ----                            
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀ ----

Want to drive your own rig with your own paint and live the virtual owner operator life? PM me for more! 

I've been taking a break from Multiplayer for quite some time, I seem to enjoy ATS and ETS2 A LOT more with mods. I think I'm going to take a break from Multiplayer for quite some time until I feel like going back on MP again.

Thanks all for the replies however <3 a lot of people gave great tips

I might try out VTC after my break since I have been independent for about 2 years now and apparently being in a VTC is fun :D

Archived