Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Wrong texture for rain

While playing ETS2 multiplayer i've always get this weird icy white texture for the rain and it's ruining my playing experience because it's irritating. 

2016_03_10_00005.jpg

2016_03_10_00006.jpg

2016_03_10_00007.jpg

Please also see if rain texture is wrong in singleplayer. I doubt that it's your graphics settings.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I've seen that irritating texture in ATS MP as well. My settings for weather in single player are at the highest and in single player rain doesn't look like this at all. So I'm quite sure it's some sort of a bug in the multiplayer mod.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

^

I have season effects and winter mod turned off. Problem is MP related because I've checked on a fresh install and a new profile

Edited by subtlegta
Removed quote from above.Use ^ next time.

Mine is off too but not because I like sunny weather all the time. It's off because of the ridiculously looking rain texture which can make you cross eyed when the game decides to make it heavy rain - the screen in front of you becomes so blurred and white that you can hardly see the road.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

^^ You're right, I checked setting the rain probability to max, went into MP and then into SP and rain in SP is a lot more "real" than in MP, so it seems to be an MP issue. I'll keep driving with zero rain, so it's no big deal, but this is something that should be looked into, there's a lot of people who like to drive with changing weather.

meh, I can't even see the road when it starts raining heavily and you're complaining about some textures:

Spoiler

On 12/30/2015 at 0:48 AM, FirestarteR93 said:

Test how much can you see in heavy rain with the wipers off - all will be "fine"

NBRU31D.jpg

UX2LiTM.jpg

dMZD7aC.jpg

pkYnjaR.jpg

Anyway, I believe that's the rain textures from 18wos haulin'

• 3 weeks later...

ive noticed it, especially in ETS2MP, its nothing to do with the SP or game side or things as on the same profile, if I go to SP, the rain texture is normal, switch to MP, the texture reverts to the winter mod texture even though the mod is disabled and seasonal effects are off, yet ive not had the issue in ATSMP, whenever ive had rain ther, its always been the standard rain you see in SP.

When downloading the MP client, did you tick to download the Winter Mod? 

If so, uninstall and reinstall, this time without ticking the winter mod. Solved it for me. 

It is a strange problem as even if you un tick the seasonal effects box, this rain still appears with the winter mod.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

• 2 weeks later...

I have had this too and I never downloaded the winter mod. The rain is crazy at times, backing up is a nightmare, it cover your mirrors and doesn't leave, and can see anuthing when driving. I enjoy some rain but there is something wrong with this one. sp doesn't look like this..

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ