ETS2MP Client Launcher has stopped working.

Dldrth

Question

After a few months i wanted to play ETS2MP again. I've downloaded the 0.2.0.8 launcher.

I've Win7 SP1 x64. Single Play working. No mods installed.

I'm opt out of any beta updates on my ETS install.

Actually after getting the errors I've reinstalled the ets and ets2mp. Deleted all files at documents location associated with both of them.

When i try to start ETS2MP launcher I only get crash. I'm not getting any logs. Launcher does not create any folder named ETS2MP in documents folder aswell. 

I've tried installing the launcher to the ETS2 folder, it does not worked too. 

When installing the launcher, I've checked the path. It's correct. 

I've tried starting the launcher as admin. still no luck 

After getting the launcher error, when i click close the program, I just get another one. 

I've added the both error screens. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Engin Dönmez

1.png

2.png

9 answers to this question

Hey Engin Dönmez ,

Have you recently reinstalled Windows ?

Please make sure your game is installed through Steam (check file integrity if alredy installed in Steam) , download the MP client again

You can also try to right-click the shortcut of the MP client, go to proprieties, then go to compatibility tab, click on "run this program in compatibility mode" and choose Windows XP .

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

Thanks for the answer, 

I'm using the same windows for 2 years and I've done the file integrity check a few times already. 

Tried installing the MP client again. Still no luck. 

And for the compatibility mode, I do not have XP. Tried using Vista, Vista Sp1, Vista Sp2. Still nothing.

On 3/9/2016 at 7:12 PM, Valeant said:

Judging by screenshots, you have a version of a multiplayer 0.2.0.7, and it is necessary version 0.2.0.8. Download a multiplayer again and reinstall it. Launch MP through DirectX.

I'm aware of the wrong version in the error. But I've downloaded the 0.2.0.8 version. Maybe devs did forget to update something in the files, idk.

Even though if I've downloaded the old version, I'm assuming launcher would still start and say you need to update the launcher, or something like that.

I'm actually starting to think that, this is a simple missing .dll file error. 

I've had some experience with missing dll files with other games. Also most of them would not start just like this. One simple dll download would solve problems like this. 

I've tried reinstalling DirectX and VCRedists too. Still no luck.

I'm assuming any of the devs can help me with this. 

If you guys have a list of required dll files and share it, it would be awesome. 

Thanks for advance. 

Engin Dönmez

Edited by Dldrth
typo

Well, I've used dependency walker to see if I'm missing anything. Looks like i was missing sysntfy.dll and gpsvc.dll I've downloaded the missing dlls but still it's not working for me. I bought a Win10 a few weeks ago. I'm gonna do a clean install this weekend. 

If the topic is still active in a few days, I'll write the results of a fresh install. 

Thanks for all the help. Have a good weekend everybody. 

31 minutes ago, Dldrth said:

Looks like i was missing sysntfy.dll and gpsvc.dll

A quick Google suggests this is an error to do with 32bit/64bit issues and as noted here, 32Bit support is discontinued therefore MP is now 64Bit only. 

Since (as far as I'm aware) the launcher no longer gives the option to pick between 32/64bit, so I'm not sure what the issue maybe. But given that you've downloaded the .dll's, I can only suggest trying to register them using regsvr32 in command prompt. If you need a little more information on how, take a look at this thread. :)

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Signature.GetSignature()