Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Weather

Sunstrider

27 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

It might be player based, I haven't seen any rain in this game at all. I know that the train is player based. When I stopped there was a player already stopped on the other side of the track and he ended up driving through the train yet there was a barrier for me.

Yep, the train is indeed player based! I've learned this the hard way. :unsure:

Weather is not synchronized, same as train crossings and road works lights (AFAIK), so you can be driving under a heavy rain and the player driving in front of you is seeing no rain at all. The probability for rain is defined in your gameplay settings, move the slider all to the left, no rain, move it to the right and rain will be more likely to fall.

Rain is localised by player. I can wait at a stop sign, sunny and warm, and for the guy just behind me, it can rain like you wouldn't belive.

It all depends on the rain probability each of us set in our own games.

It can rain for you, but shinny for the guy next to you.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

All that I wish, is that SCS gives us more dynamic weather, where it can be determined by your position on the map and give you the sort of weather experienced in that area, plus, perhaps something more than just thunderstorm or brilliant sunshine? all that I do hope is that when we get further East into Tornado Alley, we might have changeable weather, hell it would be freaky cool if we had tornados that could be synced, just imagine the panic people would experience driving along and suddenly seeing a tornado heading for them, if that ever happens, I would love SCS forever and beyond!

But back on point, weather is set by your rain probability, you might find the odd person who experiences the same weather patterns as you, but its a rare chance depending on whether people adjust the probability or just leave it at default.

19 minutes ago, megadethsteve666 said:

All that I wish, is that SCS gives us more dynamic weather, where it can be determined by your position on the map and give you the sort of weather experienced in that area, plus, perhaps something more than just thunderstorm or brilliant sunshine? all that I do hope is that when we get further East into Tornado Alley, we might have changeable weather, hell it would be freaky cool if we had tornados that could be synced, just imagine the panic people would experience driving along and suddenly seeing a tornado heading for them, if that ever happens, I would love SCS forever and beyond!

But back on point, weather is set by your rain probability, you might find the odd person who experiences the same weather patterns as you, but its a rare chance depending on whether people adjust the probability or just leave it at default.

The possibilities are endless. I had an idea for storm systems that would move across the U.S, like a big blizzard that would move through the northern Rockies and northern plains, so you'd have to plan your route accordingly or get trapped in a ton of snow, that would really complete the immersion. Same could be said with flash flooding, hurricanes, etc... Maybe in the far far future, but that would be wicked. :lol:

Also, glad to hear the main question was answered, I was kind of wondering if they had synchronized it with a recent update because I haven't touched my rain proabilitiy slider and it's been raining a lot more the past few days online, must just be coincidental. 

On 3/8/2016 at 11:28 PM, Trucking Gekco said:

It might be player based, I haven't seen any rain in this game at all. I know that the train is player based. When I stopped there was a player already stopped on the other side of the track and he ended up driving through the train yet there was a barrier for me.

The train is player based. When i was behind someone they were already stopped as my gates were going down and drove through them just as they were about to go up. But yea....that train spot in Eastern Nevada always stops me.

On 3/8/2016 at 6:46 PM, Epiclepsy said:

I had an idea for storm systems that would move across the U.S, like a big blizzard that would move through the northern Rockies and northern plains, so you'd have to plan your route accordingly or get trapped in a ton of snow, that would really complete the immersion. Same could be said with flash flooding, hurricanes, etc...

I love the idea of Dynamic Weather. Like Sandstorms in the desert. Tornadoes in the midwest. Heavy Rain that can cause flooding. Hurricanes for Florida and the coastal areas. Also to see Dynamic Temps and Seasons. Like if it rained on a 50 degree winter day and froze as the night dropped to 28 and turned to snow. They may add this in once they get every state released.

On 08/03/2016 at 3:43 AM, aquaticsparrow said:

Rain Probability setting

Weather sync would be greatttttt, it's something we've been needing for a long time and I believe it's in the works.

Right now, it bases on your Rain Probability setting.

From my observations, if it's raining and you go on MP, it'll continue to rain forever until you sleep/go in singleplayer again.

Honestly, it's not a bad idea to just turn it off entirely right now. I'd rather see no rain than rain 24/7, just my opinion though. :)

As someone above said, dynamic weather would be REALLY cool. Gotta' get SCS on that.

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

• 3 weeks later...

Archived