Party mode

Suggestion Name: Party 

Suggestion Description: There should be some kind of party system. Where you and your friends get into a party, and All players in party have party leaders jobs. Jobs would be duplicated so everyone can take same job.
Any example images:  nope
Why should it be added?: This would totally end problem with people who play with friend and want to ride together thru the state, but its hard to get same job direction. it can even eliminate problem of "no jobs before sleeping over or teleporting".

19 minutes ago, Fatal said:

Great idea but would involve having profiles stored online which is a long long long way away along with online economy. Maybe one day but don't expect it anytime soon.

Why storing profiles?

When you go into party YOU as a party leader send information to whole party with jobs. whole party clients recieve informations and use it on job listings. Whole thing should work if party leader first check lists, and at this moment data is transmited to whole party. 

Thats just in my head :D

11 minutes ago, Satharel said:

Why storing profiles?

When you go into party YOU as a party leader send information to whole party with jobs. whole party clients recieve informations and use it on job listings. Whole thing should work if party leader first check lists, and at this moment data is transmited to whole party. 

Thats just in my head :D

It's a great idea, but unfortunately it's not that easy.

In order for a player to share/send their game-data with someone else while in-game, some information needs to be stored server-side - in this case, every players game-profile would need to be stored server-side.

The reason why this is needed, is because there is no way to directly alter another players game-data without having it stored server-side first (As far as I am aware). Any direct altering of client-side data could potentially be used maliciously, and if this was possible, it would only be a matter of time before someone found a way to exploit a leak with malicious intent.

A dev should probably elaborate on this though, as I'm only theorizing here.

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...