Jump to content
El1teZombiezHD

How to use the CB Radio

Recommended Posts

Hello TruckersMP,

 

Today I am making a tutorial on how to use the new CB radio.

 

It is very simple however people who are new to using it or new to the mod may not know how to use it, hence this Tutorial.

 

Step 1: 

Open your Tab Menu and right click to bring up the cursor.

 

Step 2:

Change the channel by using the right knob. Press it on the right to go up channels and press it on the left to go down channels.

 

Step 3:

To talk press and hold "X" and then talk

To mute a person click their name on the tab and click the mute function and you will not be able to hear them (this is bugged so you can still hear them)

 

To turn the radio off, press the far button on the left.

Video Tutorial:- 

 

 

Remember rules still apply on the CB Radio, so no insulting and bad language. If you see this be sure to report them on the website. http://truckersmp.com/reports

 

Edited by FirestarteR93
The broadcast key has been changed from V to X
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you want to add something about the mute function ? you mute someone in the last second in your video. Even if it's bugged now, i imagine it will eventually work.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i want to add as this seems to be an universal guide, that cb channels differ from ats to ets2 if you want to keep it realistic.

 

Europe has one cb channel per language.. ex.: channel 5 italian, channel 9 german, channel 17 danish, channel 20 austrian, channel 21 turkish, channel 22 would be romanian, channel 26 would be polish and channel 40 would be swiss. this is all info from wikipedias german article about "cb funk" aka cb radio.

 

For the USA i have found some websites that say truckers only use.. channel 17 for north/south traffic, 19 for east/west traffic and 21 for regional roads aka country roads.

 

Im not 100% sure about the US System as im German and only 100% about channel 9 in europe for use with the german language.

I hope this helps one or another some, and please feel free to correct me where i may be wrong.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El1teZombiezHD said:

^^ That isn't the case in Multiplayer though, some people will speak on whatever channel they want as there are not language specific channels.

yes there is if you/thay want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

It can't be defined that way. There either is, or there isn't. It's not a "sometimes" or "at will".

The only thing that changes this, is if rules are set in place for this. Until then, channels are FFA with no particular restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, rules would support this.. maybe i play this to hardcore.. who knows.

but thats all for an other thread as this is a guide not a discussion thread :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a Quick Note...

It would be nice for guys with wheels to be able to set a Push To Talk Button on their Steering Wheel....

I tried with no luck...

 

Thanks!

 

Rhody 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RHODY said:

Just a Quick Note...

It would be nice for guys with wheels to be able to set a Push To Talk Button on their Steering Wheel....

I tried with no luck...

 

Thanks!

 

Rhody 

I believe key mappings are something that will be available in a future update.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok im lost here. What tab for American trucker? I can never use my mouse when im in the truck it self it just moves my view around!

 

EDIT: Never mind i figured it out thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use the CB - radio a lot. I normally use it for talking to people but sometimes I just act stupid and say "Hey this is the Over Cooked Waffle!" "Over Cooked Waffle" is my trucking name my friends have given to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it actually mater what CB Radio number im in it, if i'm example in Radio 3 will i hear only people in Radio 3, and how big is the radius?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ If you use channel 3 then you will hear people who are using channel 3 as well. You can hear people from TAB list range - 500m-600m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2016 at 2:05 PM, sgpch1983 said:

i want to add as this seems to be an universal guide, that cb channels differ from ats to ets2 if you want to keep it realistic.

 

Europe has one cb channel per language.. ex.: channel 5 italian, channel 9 german, channel 17 danish, channel 20 austrian, channel 21 turkish, channel 22 would be romanian, channel 26 would be polish and channel 40 would be swiss. this is all info from wikipedias german article about "cb funk" aka cb radio.

 

For the USA i have found some websites that say truckers only use.. channel 17 for north/south traffic, 19 for east/west traffic and 21 for regional roads aka country roads.

 

Im not 100% sure about the US System as im German and only 100% about channel 9 in europe for use with the german language.

I hope this helps one or another some, and please feel free to correct me where i may be wrong.

 

In the US channel 19 is pretty typically for everyone to use. If you want to find a trucker - try channel 19 first. I've not heard of a north/south 17 - east/west 19 "only" rule. Typically if I'm out and about I can tune around and find some convoys on their own channel and 17 usually clear.

 

Channel 9 is typically reserved for emergency use. State police commonly monitor channel 9 and typically reserve it for such use for contacting authorities, akin to 911/119.

 

It might be worthy to mention in your guide before you start talking to have the gain/volume adjusted properly and listen to anyone who says you need to turn your mic down. All too often I've heard people that just sound like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA" when they really meant to say "is that service center clear?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jguy1987 said:

Channel 9 is typically reserved for emergency use. State police commonly monitor channel 9 and typically reserve it for such use for contacting authorities, akin to 911/119.

in the usa, yes. in germany channel 9 is the german speaking channel.. looking for a german trucker try channel 9 first.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...