Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

How CB works?

On 9/27/2016 at 0:40 PM, rubberburner89 said:

I haven't heard that it is, but is it possible to turn radio volume up/down with keyboard, is this something that may happen in the future, or am I SOL? I prefer to leave my radio on but sometimes you run into a group of people that are to loud or they speak a different language, and it'd be nice to just hit a key, turn the volume down, vs. pull over, hit tab, and then either mouse over to shit CB of or turn volume down.

I don't know, but it sounds like a good idea. I would suggest posting this under suggestions. :)

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Swept180sxNet said:

Ok so one thing, I do not know how to hook up my mic to the game, Do you like plug it in and that's it? Or do you have to change a setting? If you know please help! Thank you!

Hi @Swept180sxNet,

You can plug it straight in, however it depends on what your windows default recording and playback devices are set to, as to if TMP will use your mic / headset straight away.

The easiest way to set it up in my opinion, is to ...

1) Plug your headset / mic into the necessary port on your PC (USB or jack).

2) Make sure the driver is installed correctly for it (especially if you have a Realtek onboard on your motherboard or if you have a USB headset).

3) Also check the volume settings are set to 100% within Windows audio settings (both for your mic and the speaker or headphone).

4) Load up Truckers MP app and load into either ETS2 or ATS.

5) On the login screen click on the Settings icon (it will look like a cog).

6) Select the Audio settings tab.

7) In here there are two drop down menus to select which devices you can use for your voip input and output. Note: You can also set the volume here but this is seperate from the Windows settings!

8) Use the "X" key in game to use voip :)

NOTE: You have to set this for both ETS2 and ATS if you have both.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

yes, those are the exact spots I was trying to press and nothing happens. I can't even change my default channel in the settings. I can change the number but it doesn't change it when I go back to the cb.

Most people are probably on 19 anyway, but it would be nice to have the option to change channels.

On a related topic, do you have the procedure for texting other drivers? i can't figure that out either.

@craigp2017

Devs are aware of the bug regarding pressing the CB switches and nothing happening. Fow now you may use the same "/channel <ID>" command with the ID being "0" to switch it off.

As a new user to TMP, I strongly suggest you look through all the topics on the forums.. as many answers are provided through announcements / information / news / help.

Please use the search feature to aid you in your search.

For all your other text channel related needs: https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/54210-commands-keys/

Last but not least, a warm welcome.

With regards,

MettleMeat

TruckersMP Moderator

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

@craigp2017

In the topic link I provided above:

Keys:

Press "y" on your keyboard to open the text bar.

Commands:

Then type in the your intended "/command" followed by your message.

If you require any further help, please use the Search Function and read through the Help Section as we're slowly sliding off the topic of using the CB radio.

• Upvote 1

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, solong said:

When you open the cb window by pressing tab it is very large. Is there a way to change the size of the window so you could place it above your mirror without blocking part of it?

I tend to set the opacity setting to 20% so the tab window is faded out.

Or as above, you can right click to get the mouse pointer so you can resize or move the window.

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@solong The TAB window can be moved and resized, you just need to activate the pointer and go the the edges (there's no change in the pointer, so you need to guess where) click and drag to set it the size you prefer.

OK this is why I thought you could not resize it. I know it can be moved but I could not figure out how to resize it. I will try again now that I know it requires a little guesswork with the mouse!