Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Remove the radio

Sharp14

Remove the radio.

Why? Not one person is using it nicely or properly. All I hear is people yelling at each other to shut up, several micspammers and general 12 year olds.

My ears have been figuratively assaulted.

An example of the abuse of it: http://puu.sh/nx9uq/f4cd2db2b5.wav

That sound. All the god damn time.

What did you expect from such a feature?

You can always turn it off in the tab menu audio settings. Or the button/turny thing on the left turns it on or off

• Upvote 2

Removing it would be bad for players who are using it properly. As almost everything we (may) introduce, it can be abused.

Maybe it's better to leave the radio off by default when loading the game, and you need to turn it on first before you can speak.

Now it's turned on by default which can be annoying for some peope.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

yea  beside  if  u think about it  i tested  it out with some  users  and  if  we are far away it  cuts  off  i rather  use team speak  then a  cb radio  and  also  the "channels" don't even work  i get 1  to 20 and  im trying to find a  channel  but  its giving  me the  same channel over and  over  so  to me  that  could be a  volume  system  or something  like that 

76561198098873827.png

The teamspeak is so... clumsy compared to CB, you'd have to have whole server in same channel in teamspeak if you'd want to replicate the CB radio.

Way the CB radio is, limited range, so it is local chat only, in that local area you still have 20 channels to choose from, if one is too crowded.  I had many positive experiences with the CB, Be it somebody telling jokes or just casual chatter among random people. Only flaw, Who thought it was great idea to put microphone gain in the settings, you have one in windows in the recording devices. This goes to a problem where kids turn the microphone volume up to 11 and overpower the rest of the chatter with the noise that you cant even make sense of. + Their level is incredible high compared to rest of the people talking resulting you having to drop the overall volume because them screaming so loud. [/rant]

Other than that.. its great.

Attention span of 5 seconds, in best cases 15 seconds if its food. Patience of a newborn. Uncooperative in teamwork, unable to hold intelligent conversation. Four-wheeler's mistake triggers roadrage for hours.

• 2 weeks later...

A very big fat -1 in fact it was put in like 2 weeks ago :(.If you have a problem just mute them or report them they will get a ban and you wont.The report button is for something.Next time just mute the players who keep on ramming :) So easy just one step.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.