CB Radio

Wolus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Blo0DxSh0T said:

i still find it hard to believe at this day in age ppl still don't have a mic...i think its just excusses to not have to talk to ppl...most al laptops have a built in mic and any dollar store you can get a mic that does the trick...not trying to be a dick i just don't get it 

actually to get a mic here that works on PC it would cost about £10 which I don't have, besides, I don't use headphones when driving so having a mic in the way would just annoy me, I might get one soon though if I can afford it, plus, most of us just enjoy the sound of the engines more than people screaming at each other.

Well here is a 10 code page http://www.buytwowayradios.com/Products/resources/misc/TWR_CB_Codes_v1.pdf not sure if all the codes are there lol.

5 hours ago, Blo0DxSh0T said:

i'm gonna try to speak nothing but trucker slang on the radios so lets all brush up on our trucker speak hahaha

Just make sure you don't run into the people who don't want people speaking with 10 codes. I heard some guy yell at someone over CB because they were speaking in 10 codes because it's a game not real life. I was tempted to say 10-4 xD

Very cool feature!  However it really needs to have some kind of suppression for loud audio.  Some people last night were talking with their mikes set too loud and I ended up just turning the damn thing down until I got to another town.  Plus a lack of volume control means we'll soon have trolls screaming in it and trying to blow out our speakers.

i guess the problem is, that there are 2 kind of people in multiplayer.. people who want to simulate and people how dont. aka hardcore and casual..

im 100% in the hardcore department, driving speed limit and everything.. i think the cb is a great addition and love to use it as its used in reallife.

finaly scs simulators get as far as flightsims are.

sysp-73354.png

10 hours ago, RoadRunn3r said:

:( anyone else have the problem of not being able to hear the CB?  I see it lighting up when people are talking but no sound.

What you could try (unless it's fixed) is press tab, go to the settings (gear) then go to sound I believe it is then there should be mic volume and player volume. Try turning up the player volume and if that doesn't work then your game sound might need to be turned down. 

22 hours ago, Blo0DxSh0T said:

Can we change the hotkey in the config file or something..i would much rather put the hotkey to my wheel rather then having to reach to my keyboard everytime...GREAT JOB THO A MUCH NEEDED FEATURE

This is the program that i used to change the mapping:

http://joytokey.net/en/download 

Also be advised program is an .exe and has to be activated prior to each MP session launch and running in the background

I am really enjoying the CB feature, and cannot wait to use it in a larger convoy or truckfest.

That said it's also an un-moderated ground for trolls and drivers who use alot of foul language, I will be trusting the admins to do there best to try and listen in where they can or having the option to report a user on a radio channel :)

other than that i r8 10/10 - ign.com great stuff :)

signature.png.01ca08257761c1d4ea766c13ccdc06af.png

Community Manager at SCS Software & Truckers.FM Founder.

3 hours ago, sgpch1983 said:

some ten codes anrt usable.. like 10-20.. why? its only a local voice chat.. cb should have been global.. oh well its nice to have it still and fun :)

Global CB would be a nightmare, imagine 1200-1300 people, ok lets say half of them have a mic, still 500-600 people speaking at the same time in different languages on the same channel, not a good idea, add trolls that would blast their music in the CB (got it last night near Stockton) and you are set for a total disaster.

76561198104067447.png

Archived