People and Reports

.StεvƐ.

see I always have action set to record on start and then just delete the file if ive got no evidence, but lately its not been starting automatically so I forget sometimes to activate it, so I think I have the evidence to show for whatever happens, but when I finish driving and go to desktop, I have no recording because its not active or ive forgot to activate it.

8 hours ago, Taizun said:

^ It might help you out in case you ever get banned because someone recorded you and managed to convince the administration that you were the one doing something wrong.

Furthermore, try to ignore these - mostly - empty threats that people make.

as I said, I generally have recording software on at all times. also what do you mean by "try to ignore these threads people make". As long as its relevant to what happens in the Mod, it should be allowed to be posted, end of.

5 hours ago, subtlegta said:

I've watched many of the "ATSMP idiots on the roads" videos, and most of the people that caused the accident will just blame others.

Last time in ETSMP, when i drove past a flipped over truck , that guy then said " report SubtleGTA!!!! He rammed me!!!", but i fact i wasn't related to the accident...

If those people really reported you, then just ignore them, the admins won't ban you with no evidence. You can also report those troublemakers as they are the real ones that caused the accident.

to be fair, that used to happen to me all the time, id drive past a wreck and suddenly id be to blame for it, I just ignore them and make sure I have that days recording in case I get reported so I can prove evidence that it was nothing to do with me. when I got stuck in Redding, I thought to myself then, why are people so out to cause issues and get people who are doing nothing wrong into trouble for the sake of it, with the fuel station drop offs I always try to pull in and go through the unused pumps and pull right up into place, that way I barely have to get out on the road in order to park, its just this time I couldn't do that because of people parked in the way so I had to temporarily block the road to drop off otherwise I would of had to wait for people to move or DC before parking meaning I could be blocking people myself. its ridiculous at times.

19 hours ago, carlsagan said:

You should slowing down and not overtake him. It was a very easy incident to avoid if you wasn't driving like a crazy guy at 18488448mph and try to overtake close to a junction.

He's wrong too, but much less than you.

I agree with you, to a certain extent. I very rarely exceed 81mph. I get to that speed and set cruise control. The only time I ever go above that speed is when I am going to meet friends (I only keep my foot down if players aren't about), or if I am overtaking and then they decide to accelerate. 

I didn't realise there was a junction until the second I pulled out of the lane, once you go for an overtake then you are committed (You have made sure that you have assessed the situation). Hesitation is the number 1 cause of accidents.

If I knew he was going to panic then I would braked hard or put my foot all the way down to get out of the way. I am unsure why he went into the hard shoulder, this should only be used for breakdowns, emergency vehicles, etc. I was in my lane and staying in my lane. He had no reason to go into the hard shoulder which is what caused the accident.

I do see what you mean by overtaking close to a junction, but the incident would have never occurred if he had stayed in lane and trusted that I would not have made contact with him. Also when he kept accelerating while I was overtaking and when he went into the hard shoulder. I try to avoid incidents but sometimes they do happen. 

There is nothing saying I cannot overtake at that point, he was in the wrong lane when approaching the junction, if he wanted to get into the correct lane then there is no need to change to a competitive driving style which causes increased risk to everyone (Studying my driving theory :P )If he wanted to get in the correct lane then HE needed to back off and then change lanes.

With all this mind though, I do take part of the responsibility when overtaking and have to expect someone to panic, although I did not expect this chain of events to take place. I was not breaking any traffic laws (Well maybe speed) and so I was not in the wrong but taking in mind that this is a semi-realistic simulation and not a fully realistic simulation then I did not decide to put this through as a ban request.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

• 2 weeks later...

Archived