People and Reports

.StεvƐ.

Is it more, or is everyone's default saying when something happens to them is "REPORT +++" all the time, it reminds me off the story of the boy who cried wolf, eventually the number of people screaming report in chat and reporting people to admins will get to the point, I fear, that people will just ignore the report system and with admins so inundated with reports because of the least little thing, the major incidents that cause traffic jams and grief for a lot of people wither go untreated or get so bad that it takes forever to get the whole mess cleared up.

I mean, I had a couple of guys on the road between Barstow and Bakersfield who decided to stop to help a friend of theirs who'd gone off the road, no biggie, till the one guy dropped his trailer in the middle of the road at night so no one could see it till the last second, so I tried recording it all and see what's happening, after they'd screwed around and cause guys to wreck by reversing into them, I told them that I was reporting it with evidence as the caused a lot of grief and were blocking, the one just turned and immediately told me I couldn't do that and he was reporting me, I mean WTF? they caused grief to traffic in both directions and all I did was park neatly off the road so traffic could pass with lights and hazards on recording them blocking the road with their trucks and trailers...

I fear that people are just misusing the report system for absolutely stupid reasons and causing more work for admins to have to deal with, all because people feel they have to rage because someone bumps them by accident or some other small reason..

When we answer reports ingame everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. Same with website reports so just because they got reported for ramming or blocking, if we don't see that we don't take any action on it or if they break another rule they will be punished for that rule break.

If he does report you on the website as long as you did nothing wrong you will be fine.

^I personally feel that a lot of people report others for no reason really, the real people who should be reported are those who genuinely break the rules, such as the people who like to act as "police" on the interstates by driving at 55 and blocking anyone whos going faster than that from passing them, ATS feels worse because its a new game so a lot more people are still getting to rips with the trucks and the concept in general, so people get more frustrated or have more accidents, hence the higher number of reports IMO.

As for the guy trying to report me, I was doing nothing wrong, unless you call being parked well off the road with headlights, sidelights and hazard lights on so I could be seen just watching and recording the guys cause people to wreck off the road (I would have reported it but the footage I had got cut off for some reason, otherwise I would have reported the situation in great detail).

I never report ingame. I always go to the forums and report it their with video evidence and usually a paragraph to go with it. When something happens ingame I do not say "REPORT 000!!!". The only thing I do is /pinfo to get all the info I need to make a Ban request. If the player is very sympathetic about what happened and it doesn't seem that it was intentional then I do not report them. If however it is through impatience, intention and through no care to anyone else then I put a ban request on them. 

Some reports I make and decided to scrap it before clicking send after reviewing what goes on and whether or not if the accident was genuine or not. Like one I had recently. Two lanes coming towards a junction. Left turn only, right turn blocked. I am in left lane going past truck but the truck i was going past was in the right lane (I was doing around 75mph and just starting to slow down for the upcoming junction, it seemed liked he was roughly doing 65-70mph as he just pulled out of a junction into his lane). Now instead of them slowing down they went into the hard shoulder for some odd reason. Then realising that the hard shoulder ends, panics and smash into your truck. Now technically this is ramming but in this case it was not intentional and so I just reminded him about lanes and how they work and we were on our way again. I decided not to make a report. If you want to see this then here is video:

**Disclaimer - I post this here in confidence that no action will be taken against me or this player and is shared as an educational tool only.**

(Skip to 2:55)

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

^ At least you set him straight.

As you say, you have to review the situation either there and then, or by watching the video later. And I totally agree with you on the "REPORT X!" thing as it's just pointless, because the system only allows one report on that player, so everyone else will just get "The player has already been reported.".

I often don't report in game, unless I know an admin is online (I use pinfo and the admins server ID) to see if it'll be looked at. Otherwise, I just use Fraps (free version). Quick, 2 minute reports, job done, player banned. ;)

I don't take any time to report anymore, the admins have so many reports to deal with, I don't think they would even read the reports I do, so I prefer to ignore this function sadly, I would love for this function to really work but I doubt it since so many people probably spam reports, its probably useless and more than likely my reports and a lot of other reports will be ignored because there's too many at the same time on the server.

76561198104067447.png

Please use them, there is just no guaranty that it will be answered

Some reasons a report would not be answered: 

1 - We didn't have time, I don't know if you ever seen an admin stream, we usually take them from newest to oldest, reports stay for 10 minutes then they are automatically removed. 

2 - There is a very high volume or reports and admins can't keep up

3 - The admin did come, looked at your report but did not find any reason to intervene and left. 

4 - Depending on your time zone there are a lot less reports, in my timezone if I'm on the server I can easily keep up with the request. 

5 - The admin did come, and he's following the perpetrator, I do this when it's not too busy, I've followed a dude the other night for 15 minutes. About 10 infractions were recorded during this time. In this case if the perpetrator gets banned I don't think you will be informed,the reporter might even have disconnected or the report timed out but the admin is still on the case.

6 - No admin on server

2 or 3 more in game admins?

just an idea: have 2, 3, 4 admins(whatever the number you need) to search the bans of a player.

ex: player 1 gets banned in game 1hr, 1 day... for insulting, on his history he has other bans as well. than the admin(i think if it's not implemented it would be a helping system for them: the system shows new bans for that day, with history(maybe you want to see the bans from last week)so admin searches player's ban history and modifies the ban length accordingly to what he finds). 

2 hours ago, McDodge34 said:

I don't take any time to report anymore, the admins have so many reports to deal with, I don't think they would even read the reports I do, so I prefer to ignore this function sadly, I would love for this function to really work but I doubt it since so many people probably spam reports, its probably useless and more than likely my reports and a lot of other reports will be ignored because there's too many at the same time on the server.

the only reports I make are ones on the site with actual capture evidence, its better to do it that way than have to hope that the report gets seen etc, some people just like to throw the word report around like it doesn't really matter anymore, but a lot of the reports admins get, I bet, are down to stupid mistakes or people being impatient or just from a frustration point, I have got mad at people before now, especially when on runs that just go from bad to worse, like starting off and hitting a wall, to being hit from behind by someone, to being ran off the road, to someone spawning in right in the middle of the road, that is the most frustrating thing I hate at the moment, especially as their vehicle isn't visible for a few seconds but the actual shape of it is there so you can come around a bend and suddenly hit something that stops you dead, only to find its someone spawning in the road in front of you and they just drive away as if nothing happened, that's the most annoying thing, that and people who are impatient at places like Oxnard and the 152.

2 hours ago, Sysgen said:

I review my bans after I disconnect and adjust the ones that needs adjusting. More admins is not always the best solution. We already have a lot of admins.  

I completely agree with you there sysgen, especially if it's a long ban. For example a week ban I've seen admins apply evidence/decrease it later on for that player, so they have no reason to argue.

And as you say, more admins aren't going to solve it, as there'll just be loads more complaints on them, and more ban appeal complaints and things like that.

(I hate arguments personally, which is why I've never PMed admins about any of my bans. It just seems annoying from the admin's point of view.)

21 minutes ago, heyhococo said:

I completely agree with you there sysgen, especially if it's a long ban. For example a week ban I've seen admins apply evidence/decrease it later on for that player, so they have no reason to argue.

And as you say, more admins aren't going to solve it, as there'll just be loads more complaints on them, and more ban appeal complaints and things like that.

(I hate arguments personally, which is why I've never PMed admins about any of my bans. It just seems annoying from the admin's point of view.)

same here, just adding more admins isn't going to make anything better, all it will do then is make people complain more when a report doesn't get sorted the way they want it, the system at the moment works well so why change it? no point foxing something that aint broke IMO, its the exact reason why I never PM admins etc over bans etc, if something doesn't seem fair to you, then you haven't learnt from your mistakes.

37 minutes ago, sacrejustin said:

Keep image
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/498016551066352547/D03FF1677871AB5C0A76A39DDF12892D25622635/

The guy is already against the grain and blocking the road. . .

For the admin is insufficient evidence to that debate?

Sysgen, what do you think?

I also think it is not enough evidence, let's look at it a little, first there is obviously no movement, so we do not know if he's moving or not, and the angle he's in seems to indicate that he might be turning around, but I can't tell. He could also have been hit by someone else and he's recovering from a bad situation. It could also be someone driving recklessly the wrong way, it's possible, but I can't be sure.

As an admin we have to look at what consequences our decision will have, If I ban this guy for wrong way and it was not that at all, he will make an appeal, screaming for his innocence, and since all we have is this single image, he could make up any story, the image gives me nothing. In this scenario I would have to accept his appeal and then what happens to his ban on his record. Do I leave it there, keep it? 

All things have to be considered. It's not just a truck, behind is a player, that want's to play and will fight back when banned incorrectly. 

One finale thought, you could say, hey I saw him, you should believe me, well, we can't, we need hard evidence, image or video, verbal proof is not enough. 

Hope you understand. 

^its always much useful to have actual video evidence that can go along with the screenshots so that the screenshots can give the details and the video can always provide the rest of the clues, if you use Play.tv you can let it loop over a recording after x amount of time or you can always just delete a recording after you've finished playing if you've got nothing to report (that's what ive started to try and do)

On 01/03/2016 at 6:09 PM, The Imaginative Lad said:

I never report ingame. I always go to the forums and report it their with video evidence and usually a paragraph to go with it. When something happens ingame I do not say "REPORT 000!!!". The only thing I do is /pinfo to get all the info I need to make a Ban request. If the player is very sympathetic about what happened and it doesn't seem that it was intentional then I do not report them. If however it is through impatience, intention and through no care to anyone else then I put a ban request on them. 

Some reports I make and decided to scrap it before clicking send after reviewing what goes on and whether or not if the accident was genuine or not. Like one I had recently. Two lanes coming towards a junction. Left turn only, right turn blocked. I am in left lane going past truck but the truck i was going past was in the right lane (I was doing around 75mph and just starting to slow down for the upcoming junction, it seemed liked he was roughly doing 65-70mph as he just pulled out of a junction into his lane). Now instead of them slowing down they went into the hard shoulder for some odd reason. Then realising that the hard shoulder ends, panics and smash into your truck. Now technically this is ramming but in this case it was not intentional and so I just reminded him about lanes and how they work and we were on our way again. I decided not to make a report. If you want to see this then here is video:

**Disclaimer - I post this here in confidence that no action will be taken against me or this player and is shared as an educational tool only.**

(Skip to 2:55)

You should slowing down and not overtake him. It was a very easy incident to avoid if you wasn't driving like a crazy guy at 18488448mph and try to overtake close to a junction.

He's wrong too, but much less than you.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

Yeah, I've noticed that people scream "report" for even the dumbest things, and it is definitely worse in ATS for whatever reason. 

For instance, I was driving by the gas station near the Chems outside Bakersfield and some guy was fueling up, a guy pulls up behind him as I'm about to make a left turn at the T-intersection, there's a bit of traffic so I'm sitting there ~10-15 seconds waiting for people to pass, then I see the guy waiting behind the guy fueling up say that he's going to report him if he doesn't move now, just made me shake my head. I've seen people yell they're going to report people for "speeding" and "passing". A lot of nonsense like this. As time goes on and the more dedicated community stays around I imagine incidents like this will decrease. 

As for reporting I used to use pictures but as discussed up above it isn't enough evidence. It's hard to interpret what is really happening from one still image most of the time. Usually when I submit reports it's with recorded video that shows the situation evolve and other elements that show without question that the person reported is guilty. Of course, I don't report for basic accidents or even bad driving, usually just some of the worst stuff on the list: purposeful ramming, purposeful blocking and outright trolling. 

^I had a guy say he was going to report me for "blocking" when I was trying to park my trailer up, because my dropoff was the small gas station in Redding, I couldn't pull fully into the station because one guy was fuelling up and another was parked by the side of where the dropoff marker was, so I pulled into the Exit space, waited for traffic to clear, put hazards on and pull 90 Degrees up to the curb to try and straighten up, next thing I knew, this guy came bobtailing across a redlight and then stopped right up against my cab pinning my cab against a metal pole so I couldn't reverse without getting caught on anything, I asked him to please move so I could get out of his way and he just said, "no, im recording this and reporting you for blocking both lanes of traffic", even though I was trying to get out of his way and he was pinning me there so I couldn't physically move.. in the end I just threw it in first, pulled onto the pavement, threw it in reverse and managed to get through and park. people just seem to throw the word report around way too much or report someone for an incident that they purposely caused saying it was the other persons fault, if id know that load was going to that particular place, I wouldn't of taken it, I thought it wanted me to go to the fuel station on the Interstate because that's where it was taking me towards.

^

And that, my friends, is the reason why so many people in Russia use dashcams.

Always have something ready to record - preferably Shadowplay, Raptr, Xbox DVR or another application that can buffer several minutes of recorded footage. It might help you out in case you ever get banned because someone recorded you and managed to convince the administration that you were the one doing something wrong.

Furthermore, try to ignore these - mostly - empty threats that people make.

I personally start OBS right before I enter ATSMP or ETS2MP and only record when I feel something will happen. Of course luckily it's not always the case but sometimes it seemed being a good idea. I have already sent reports through the website (back then through the forum too) supporting it with a recording; I only use the in-game reporting when absolutely necessary (someone blocking the road).

What I hate most of the time are those doing the "dare-game". What's the point there anyway?

So in short: I prefer OBS and website reporting.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
uKXmbLR.png
Norbert M. (Vorsitzender)
ATiR Trans GmbH
Hahnstraße 83d
D-60528 Frankfurt am Main

E-Mail: [email protected]
Telefon/TS3: norbert79

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, HRB 55933,
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
USt-ID-Nummer: DE126789124
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE30732269

I've watched many of the "ATSMP idiots on the roads" videos, and most of the people that caused the accident will just blame others.

Last time in ETSMP, when i drove past a flipped over truck , that guy then said " report SubtleGTA!!!! He rammed me!!!", but i fact i wasn't related to the accident...

If those people really reported you, then just ignore them, the admins won't ban you with no evidence. You can also report those troublemakers as they are the real ones that caused the accident.

Archived