Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Suggestion To Add NPC To MP

JoeBraddock

I was driving on the highway making a delivery doing between 55 to 60 in a 55 zone getting passed like I'm not even moving. This is a simulator so I think it'd be a lot better if NPC could be added to multiplayer to add realism to it. That way we can enjoy what we get in single player with friends.

That my honest first reason for wanting NPC driving around, but an adapted reason is to slow people down to doing the speed limit because most of the people want to drive as fast as possible for no reason at all like this is a racing game which it is not. It is a simulator meant to reflect on picking up and dropping off delivers while following the road laws.

This "Road Rage Racing" people like to do is going to cause much more accidents than need to occur because it effects the people wanting to actually have a legit serious company on multiplayer. I think working NPC into multiplayer would add realism to the game and slow some of these speed demons down because it'll force them to watch out for more than just players.

There are pros and cons to having no AI traffic imo. it drives me nuts in SP how cars don't yield to trucks, such as when coming down an on ramp. And lets not mention getting stuck in traffic jams (left turns at lights for example). I wouldnt mind AI traffic in multiplayer IF it was very light traffic, but for the most part, I think we are better off with no AI.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived