The Great Trucking Race

El1teZombiezHD

6zWIXPk.png

The Great Trucking Race!

The Great Trucking Race is coming to the streets of American Truck Simulator. I bet you're wondering what it is or how you can get involved, so look no further.

OEYheFh.png

The trucking race is not a race as such, it isn't like people driving around like maniacs trying to be the first to the destination. The Great Trucking Race is a calm and peaceful drive around the American Truck Simulator map. You are to pick a trailer from the freight market and take it to the destination. Sounds Simple? Well maybe not. You need to haul the trailer in the quickest time possible but you must not be breaking any laws, such as Speeding, Missing Weigh Stations, or Reckless Driving. You can pick the start point but the destination is always the same, the more horsepower you have in your truck means you will get less points. The timer starts the moment you leave the pickup point and ends when your trailer is dropped off.You gain more points for not breaking any laws, no damage on the cab or trailer and parking precision, also If you choose to go for Safe parking you will not score as many points as going for skilled. but if you go for skilled and don't park it well, you may not receive as many points as going for safe. More points can be gained by taking a longer job (you cannot edit the default route) You will be accompanied by an invigilator who will record your driving and note down any mishaps or problems that occur.

The Scoring System.

Length: - 5 points - The longer the route, the more points you earn.

Time Taken: - 5 points - The longer you take, the less points you earn.

Damage: -  4 points - The more damage you gain, the less points you earn.

Penalties:: - 3 points - If you break any speed limits or recklessly drive, the less points you earn.

Parking: - 4 points - The better your parking, the more points you earn.

Truck Power - 4 points - The less horsepower your truck has, the more points you earn

Trailer Weight - 3 points - The heavier your trailer, the more points you earn.

Bonus - 3 points - The invigilator can give out a maximum of 3 bonus points for anything.

The scoring system is out of 31 points, the more points you earn, the better your chances are of winning. It isn't going to be easy. Invigilators are going to be strict.

6bLLWjY.png

So, you want to get involved? The event itself hasn't got a date on when it is happening so be sure to keep checking back here! However we are now currently looking for invigilators. So 'How do I become one', i hear you ask. Look no further all you need to do is fill in an application form, that will be at the bottom of the post. We are looking for people who are fair and known within the community. You must also be able to record at 720p whilst playing the game (with decent frames). More information on what you may need to do, will be given to you if you are accepted.

More information about the event is still to come.

Good Luck to the Applicants!

If you have any questions, be happy to post them here, or send me a PM on the forums.

The Racer's Applications will be posted here very soon (when we have a few invigilators), so you guys can enter your trucks and get ready for the race!

Invigilator Application Form:- http://goo.gl/forms/kr4dbtQ862

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Race - A competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is the fastest in covering a set course. - Google

In this instance it is a competition between truckers to see who can get to the destination the quickest without getting any damage or breaking any laws, but you can also gain more points, by being a better trucker.

Also, lets not get onto the topic of what a race is / isn't

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

^ Just sounds boring the way you made it. It's like normal ATS driving, so what's the incentive to do it? Rather just do my own job and haul it to make more cash in the time it would take to do said event. Events are supposed to be you know fun and different than what the normal gameplay is :o.

this looks Awesome! Will definitely be checking this out.

Regards.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Neat concept, but not really a race all things considered. Perhaps the greatest driver challenge, instead?

it would have to be on a no limiter server like USA #1 during peak hours lol

Keep it on topic to the post. ;)

I defy all logic, I'm a zombie after all :P

national geographic actually produced a creepy possibility on zombies lol

It's called Zombie Earth

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Neat concept, but not really a race all things considered. Perhaps the greatest driver challenge, instead?

You obviously didn't read what i posted previously

Race - A competition between runners, horses, vehicles, etc. to see which is the fastest in covering a set course. - Google

In this instance it is a competition between truckers to see who can get to the destination the quickest without getting any damage or breaking any laws, but you can also gain more points, by being a better trucker.

Also, lets not get onto the topic of what a race is / isn't

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

Archived