EU 1 & Limiter Immunity?

Sunstrider

^ it depends on what part of the city, if its just after the limit activation or on an interstate, its usually down to momentum (especially if you push the clutch in and don't touch the brakes you can keep going at a higher speed for quite a while) if its actually in the heart of a city away from the activation areas then perhaps they are speed hacking or have a bug with their game that allows them to go faster? but if its near an interstate, it more than likely will just be momentum that's carried.

You should know this one

Hacking/Speedhacking/Bug abusing - First time: 1 month ban / Second time: 3 month ban / Third time: Permanent ban
Using artificial tools to change gameplay, using cheat engine in order to bypass the speeding limiter or anything similar.

Record+report if you happen to see one of them again. All players will be glad to see such hackers removed from the servers.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

The forced limiter in cities sets your maximum allowed speed to 37 mph, but does nothing to slow you down. If you're going 55 mph, a driver behind you is coming 70 mph, when the limiter kicks, your truck stops accelerating, and so does the other driver's. But as he was coming faster and possibly with a heavier load, the inertia of his truck is larger than yours, so you will slow down faster than him, I've seen this plenty of times. It doesn't need to be a cheat or speed hack, you can notice because even when the truck is overtaking yours, you can hear that it's not accelerating.

^well I have a W900 with a 625HP engine and the limiter will always bring me down to 37MPH even if I keep my throttle pinned to the floor.

It will bring you down eventually, but if you just stick it on cruise control when entering a city, it will slowly decrease and sort of just coast down to the speed limiter. No matter what you do, it should bring you down to the limiter, it's just that some people can coast for longer because of momentum they gained before entering the city. I use the 370HP engine in the W900 and can coast for a while on cruise control when entering the city to bring me down, it's nice and steady :)

The forced limiter in cities sets your maximum allowed speed to 37 mph, but does nothing to slow you down. If you're going 55 mph, a driver behind you is coming 70 mph, when the limiter kicks, your truck stops accelerating, and so does the other driver's. But as he was coming faster and possibly with a heavier load, the inertia of his truck is larger than yours, so you will slow down faster than him, I've seen this plenty of times. It doesn't need to be a cheat or speed hack, you can notice because even when the truck is overtaking yours, you can hear that it's not accelerating.

Similar to above and to provide an example:.

If 3 trucks are driving down the same road, and hit the city limit at the same point, they could theoretically maintain 3 different speeds for a period of time, since brakes are not applied when you cross into a city zone but your truck just coasts until the required speed (similar to a forced cruise control @ 37):

Truck 1 - Bobtailing, no trailer. Will very rapidly slowdown to the 37mph limit.

Truck 2 - With Trailer, Light load. Will continue to slow down, but at a slower rate due the increase weight and momentum factor until eventually hitting 37mph limit

Truck 3 - With Trailer, Heavy load. This truck will hold it's speed the longest due to the higher weight and momentum. Much further than Truck 1, and noticeably further than Truck 2 depending on the trailer weight difference between them. Eventually, even Truck 3 will end up at 37mph if the city zone is long enough that its momentum falls that far.

I'm just guessing here, but I suspect something like this is what you're experiencing as you enter into town (particularly noticeable on the highways/interstates) from near full speed. I've not heard of much in the way of speed hacking on EU1 yet, but I suppose it could be possible. But until I see more proof, I would like to believe it's something like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived