Making Parking Areas/Truck Stops Non Collision Zones

Suggestion Name: Making Rest Areas and Truck Stops Non Collision Zones

Suggestion Description: See Above

Any Example Images: No

Why it should be added: To make finding a meeting place for Convoys easier.  Plus, it would make rest area parking easier in case players needed a bio break or any other type of break and that particular lot was full.  It would reduce or eliminate the occurrence of spawn in crashes.  I had it happen before a Convoy.  I felt bad for causing it.

The only problem is, is that itll make every truck stop, parking area or fuel/Weigh station a haven for trolls, flying trucks and general glitches -1 from me if all truck stops/parking areas are to be NCZs, if its only slect ones i.e, ones that are easy to enter and exit and are not going to cause issues for passing traffic or people parked, then +1, as for fuel and weigh stations @trademarkgamer, it will cause more issues than good, with these, people just need to be patient and be sensible about entering and exiting, its not hard to do.

• Upvote 1

^ Well seeing as how all the truck stops and weigh-stations are on the Major Interstate's or Freeways it shouldn't be an issue. Don't believe he wants the gas stations in the middle of no where on a stretch of 2 line roads to be NCZ. Just the ones on Major roadways like I-5, I-10, I-15, I-80, Freeway 99. 

^ Well seeing as how all the truck stops and weigh-stations are on the Major Interstate's or Freeways it shouldn't be an issue. Don't believe he wants the gas stations in the middle of no where on a stretch of 2 line roads to be NCZ. Just the ones on Major roadways like I-5, I-10, I-15, I-80, Freeway 99. 

My general thought was to as you said, the major truck stops and parking areas along major highways where Convoys would likely meet.  I was part of a Convoy at the El Centro Truck Stop.  When I parked, my spot was open.  About two hours later, before Convoy Start Time, I spawned in on top of two trucks, one of which was an Admin.  Luckily, I was not banned. 

My general thought was to as you said, the major truck stops and parking areas along major highways where Convoys would likely meet.  I was part of a Convoy at the El Centro Truck Stop.  When I parked, my spot was open.  About two hours later, before Convoy Start Time, I spawned in on top of two trucks, one of which was an Admin.  Luckily, I was not banned. 

Yea I was responding to the the person that posted above me since it seems he thought you wanted that everywhere. 

those truck stops are bigger than the ones on rural highways, if anything, the interstate stops should be left alone, and the ones that should be adjusted are the smaller intercity and rural highway ones, plus IMO weigh stations don't need to be NCZ, especially as they will cause more issues than good, depending on where the NCZ ends etc, weigh stations youre in there for about 30 seconds, and then youre on the move again.

I understand having depots as no collision zones, but this would completely remove the authenticity of the game. Just wait in line and be patient, it's not the end of the world waiting to fuel up or weigh your truck now is it? Stuff like this happens at truck stops and weigh stations, you get a bit of a bottle neck now and then at peak times. Plus I don't want to deal with everyone driving through my truck just to fuel up then wreck themselves cause their trailer is still in my truck when they exit the no collision zone...

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

Itll be just as bad if not worse than how things are now, all it needs is patience and a little bit of skill and youll have no problems, ive personally not come across any issues with parking zones and truck stops, but if its an issue, its not widespread enough to be a big issue, if it was like repair stations where you get huge numbers of people potentially in one spot, then  sure, but rest areas are large enough for people to share, common sense wil tell a convoy that if you cant fit more than 5, 10 etc trucks there without hitting each other, then the convoy needs to move, NCZ just make it worse because you could move forward and someones inside your trailer and boom, you are flying as soon as you leave the NCZ, same goes for people who keep asking for gas stations and weigh stations to be made NCZs, same problem applies there, so NCZ aren't the way to go in these sorts of areas.

• Upvote 1

On 2/29/2016 at 2:44 PM, Dale Hammy said:

I understand having depots as no collision zones, but this would completely remove the authenticity of the game. Just wait in line and be patient, it's not the end of the world waiting to fuel up or weigh your truck now is it? Stuff like this happens at truck stops and weigh stations, you get a bit of a bottle neck now and then at peak times. Plus I don't want to deal with everyone driving through my truck just to fuel up then wreck themselves cause their trailer is still in my truck when they exit the no collision zone...

Fuel, I agree with you, but I was talking more about the parking area beyond the fuel stop. 

The problem to do this is that (not 100% sure) NCZ boundaries are set by the game's prefab areas. So a gas station and its parking lot are just one area, I don't believe you can have NCZ only in the parking area and not in the fueling one. Same goes for weigh stations. The only solution to avoid that spawning problem when starting a convoy would be to plan its start point in some of the biggest NCZ already in the game, companies or whatever. Sorry, but adding new NCZs is a -1 from me.

I wouldn't like to see that people would just cause more lag in area, if people can drive properly and wait for one person at a time people will be just fine! Sorry but it's a -1 from me 

Edited by WelshGaz
Missed information out

76561198046634853.png

DarkStar.

TruckersMP Game Moderator 
(Welsh • English • German)
www.TruckersMP.com

^if people learn to park correctly or choose places that are big enough for their convoy size to fit in, no issues will be around, besides, a large number of the Truck stops and rest areas are quite big if you don't park like idiots and take up the same amount of space with one truck that could be used for 5+, the most people ive seen at a truck stop has been around 30 and they all lined up perfectly and had plenty of space for more and the area they were in wasn't exactly the biggest in the world, but they all fitted without disrupting traffic too much, besides, NCZ don't solve all issues you know, in fact in some cases they cause more issues than they fix.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.