Any rumours on what truck is next?

CornelliousTV

The 389, Volvo VNL, and Freightliner are finished, so they would be first up for release once cleared. Cabovers are going to be a long, long time away from release considering ETS2 still hasn't hinted at any trucks from before the release year yet.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

The 389, Volvo VNL, and Freightliner are finished, so they would be first up for release once cleared. Cabovers are going to be a long, long time away from release considering ETS2 still hasn't hinted at any trucks from before the release year yet.

To be fair, SCS did hint that we could get the Renault T either before or after France DLC.. But looking at the models that are done, I should say it would be an older style Peterbilt Next (either 379 or 389)

I guess it will depend on the licenses. They have already a license for Peterbilt, and also for Renault, so both a "classic" Peterbilt and the Renault T are likely to be coming soon. Personnally, I'd prefer the Peterbilt, ATSMP is quite repetitive with only 3 truck models and in ETS2 there's a bigger variety. But as I understood it, they have different teams for each game, and even different teams in each game for truck modelling, map designing, etc. So it could be anything.

I would've thought they they still had the Volvo licensing from ETS2 as it's still the same company. I'm guessing that they have to send the models off to the manufacturers for them to scrutinize before they get the go ahead to release them. I know for a fact cause I work for Volvo (truck side that is) and the Chinese company that bought out Volvo cars has to let Volvo Sweden review and scrutinize every new car model they develop.

I'm guessing that they may have made a few mistakes on the modelling so they are just rectifying their mistakes on top of bug fixing ect ect. It's a long process so I wouldn't expect it to happen straight away.

Shiftin' gears and drinkin' beers

^ they can't make too many major changes though. the steampunk "clock" paintjob for the Volvo VNL is already released. so they cannot change the UVW mapping

Who said they can't change the uvm mapping all they would to do is update the steampunk dlc

Check out my guides on how to match your truck color to your trailer color and sharing your GPS way points3LQ2PnN.png

bdFwCRb.png

i think it will be a Classic Peterbuilt, probably 389, as SCS stated in their blog post earlier.....

Peterbilt 389 will appear in ATS soon courtesy of PACCAR

From the picture they provided, it seems that the truck was finished, so maybe the truck is still waiting for PACCAR's license to be out.

For Volvo and Freightliner, i think it will take a longer time for the trucks to be released, also because of license issues, and some finishing touches.

i think it will be a Classic Peterbuilt, probably 389, as SCS stated in their blog post earlier.....

From the picture they provided, it seems that the truck was finished, so maybe the truck is still waiting for PACCAR's license to be out.

For Volvo and Freightliner, i think it will take a longer time for the trucks to be released, also because of license issues, and some finishing touches.

the 389 may seem finished, but what about upgrades? they might not be, they don't take long but they may not have made them yet

I mean, the model could well be done, but the main parts to the truck, the details, the upgrades we can add, they may not be done, not to mention the license has to be issued, IMO I think if were going to get any trucks, it would coincide with the release of Arizona DLC.

but as a note, just because the model is done, doesn't mean its fully ready to give out, I mean, the Renault T model has been finished for ETS2 since before Christmas, but we still haven't received that yet...

Volvo VNL, already found some of the paintjobs for it.

It doesn't Matter if paint files have been found and stuff, they could of accidently been left there without being taken out. There's steam punk paint for Volvo but not for w900. Doesn't mean it will come next. I guess we'll have to wait and see what SCS suprise with :3

the 389 may seem finished, but what about upgrades? they might not be, they don't take long but they may not have made them yet

as SCS said from their blog at that time, the W900 and 389 will appears in ATS soon, meanwhile, they said nothing about the other trucks,the blog just have some photos, therefore i think 389 must be the next truck to be released.

If the next truck released isn't the 389, i'll stop saying anything about John Cena in-game and in the forums.

Archived