People pulling out in front of you and no options for safe brake?

Hairy Goober

So far apart from head-ons I've been able to dodge the crazies, but I knew that had to change:

How do you guys decide what...or who, to hit? Just had that happen, where I was standing on the brakes to avoid a guy with monster desync that jittered out in front of me from a standing stop at a refinery entrance. His truck was waiting one second, then across well into his turn the next. It was hit a light stand / fence / other junk on the roadside and total my truck, hit a guy coming out of service (totally NOT an option in my books), or partially nail the guy that pulled in front of me. I still tried to avoid hitting him, but he pushed me into railing along a bridge instead of giving me space to finish braking (nothing coming the other way, so he had no reason not to move over a bit)...so I did the dumb thing and slid alongside him damaging his rig too instead of braking more...and then forced my way ahead of him. Shoulda listened to that little voice earlier and got off a while ago rather than let my temper out. Note if I get a temp ban for that one I do deserve it, so no hard feelings to the admin ;)

On a different track, anybody been literally pushed through a red by somebody behind you? Also had that tonight, dude had an empty lane beside us to use but nope, gotta shove me across the intersection while laying on the horn instead. Parking brake and running the truck in reverse at full throttle did absolutely nothing to stop him. This was waiting to turn left onto what I assume is the Coast Highway, that cliffside part with sharp curves?

AppleJack should just kick them cuz they look like trees when they freeze.....

nvm.  If you don't want a ban, you would never want to kick them with your truck intentionally.

So Lag + Cut in = Extremely annoying, but you just can not avoid it... If you don't want to get in accidents: Pull over on the side of road, and keep a safe distance with that lagging truck, usually over 500m.

There are still bunch of rammers/pushers with absolutely no patience. Admins are trying to clear such people from the servers.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Cant you push the brakes up in the options? Pretty sure there is an option, with that you should stop faster if im right....Sucks for people behind you tho, because they most likely use the standard setting. I try to go right in such moments to avoid heavy damage and i dont want to drive into oncoming traffic :D until now i had luck most of the time, could react fast enough and avoid a crash.

Not sure, but can it be that this laggers wont lag the same at everyone? Got shouted at because i suddenly braked like crazy to avoid a crash with such a lagger who just stopped in the middle of the street. Looked like the others didnt even saw him, which were behind me.

^ my keyboard locks up and I can't steer when I press brakes engine brakes and trailer brakes... Also manual transition also helps because you can downshift at the same time :)

If no-one is around you pop into neutral throw it into fear one hit the engine brake and normal brake :D reason for no-one around is because you'll swerve like crazy at times nearly Jack knifing lol

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

You could use an extra button which presses all that buttons at the same time. You would need to edit that in the config.sii. Just paste the same command on every brake alternative button, dont think your Keyboard has some macro stuff? If you are limited to 3 buttons at the same time i think not :D

Not sure, but think you would need to set the file to read only because SCS normally doesnt allow double usage of keys. Will test it out in some minutes.

/edit: Yes, works how it should and you dont need to set it to read only. It uses all actions at the same time, should be "perfect" for you. http://steamcommunity.com/id/diabLo-Designz/screenshot/550933323093268397

its always a good  idea to keep distance at all times and  drive slow  that way   to keep you safe  and others as well . i have seen  were  people  alt tab on the road  and  that  causes a  chaos  on our road  so  please  keep in mind to "SLOW DOWN AT ALL TIMES"

thanks   

to be fair, ive had guys pull out of drop-offs, fuel stations and service shops right in front of me and had no way of stopping, even at 30MPH, so it all depends on the situation, if people are rubberbanding then its best to either keep your distance or wait till its clear and pass by them because depending on the severity of it all, no matter how far back you are, you can still get tagged at times.

to be fair, ive had guys pull out of drop-offs, fuel stations and service shops right in front of me and had no way of stopping, even at 30MPH, so it all depends on the situation, if people are rubberbanding then its best to either keep your distance or wait till its clear and pass by them because depending on the severity of it all, no matter how far back you are, you can still get tagged at times.

Yep, this was weird. Going by the GPS before I could see his truck, he was doing a slow creep to the entrance like I do. Would've checked out his ping but he stopped creeping when I guessed he spotted me, then bang, he was in front of me. I stay miles behind guys jittering usually, was hit too many times in ETS2 multi even from them jumping around while stopped at lights.

I was speeding here though (40 in what is I think a 35 zone there), but was starting to slow down when out he came. Couldn't have made the refinery entrance without rolling though so I dunno where he thought I was going...or maybe I was jittering and was a ways back to him. Who knows. Was on the US no limit server at the time, and my usual ping on there's between 60 and 70 but mostly a steady 68 outside areas with 10+ other trucks.

If only competence was tested before allowing people to drive trucks on multiplayer.  :rolleyes: Some simply lack any respect for other players and will do what they want when they want it which includes pulling out infront of faster moving traffic.

Always stick to the speed limits and anticipate things like this. I do 30 in a 30 ect and if people behind me don't like it then its tough sh.. Just be prepared to move out of the road when someone juggernauts towards you at 68mph coming into a City.

This.  Heavy vehicles don't stop on a dime.  You should ALWAYS be driving at a speed that allows you time to stop when something unexpected happens.

This.  Heavy vehicles don't stop on a dime.  You should ALWAYS be driving at a speed that allows you time to stop when something unexpected happens.

Or you learn to drive at a speed that you know you can slow down from and use your initiative if you cant stop instead of ramming into people, maybe take avoiding action off the road, might get you damaged but at least you don't hit other drivers who can report you, its not hard to understand how to get out of the way and avoid colliding with people.

I always act as if someone is going to pull out and go easy on the break up until the point I know what they're doing.

There's been instances where at some crossroads, the lane to turn right is more forwards than the lane to turn left. If I am coming towards that and a truck pulls up to turn right - it looks like it's pulled out already but it hasn't. I just prepare for numpties.

The other thing is to change lane if possible. But many people can't seem to workout how to swing properly... 

Keep a safe distance to all trucks around you. Think ahead and anticipate lag and sudden brake.

There is no "i had no time to brake" , it's just a lack of space.

When you're 20m behind a truck, you will not have time to do anything. Even the smallest brake and you hit the guy because you didn't had enough time to process the information, let alone brake.

Keep your distance, problem solved.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

^ I've been able to stop with 20m distance not 50 mph but 25 or less. I've stopped with 40-50m distance a few times but I tend to stay at least 60, tho the rules say 100+- as long as they don't jitter bounce or have a ping 2x or more than me I'm usually ok, my figure is always hitting the brake when I'm under 100, so I'm safe :P

^ they can hit you when you are parked

best thing to do then is never log in :D

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I've had something similar where they rubber band past me, cut me off then I slam into the back of their trailer because they just stopped, while I'm doing flips in the air they teleport 30 yards down the road and continue trucking/rubberbanding like nothing happened.

I've also had people be rubber banding when I come up on them and for whatever reason they can't keep the truck between the lines on a straight road so when I try to pass they basically teleport infront of me, completely stopped, then I go flying in the air and they again teleport and rubberband away. I just dont understand how I can keep the truck between the lines and in my lane with only a keyboard and mouse but people with a controller or wheel can't do the same.

I just dont understand how I can keep the truck between the lines and in my lane with only a keyboard and mouse but people with a controller or wheel can't do the same.

+1

It's so painfully obvious when a person on a controller's coming the other way on a two-laner. Jerky turning, and usually way over in the oncoming lane despite nine times out of ten having a short load.

Wheel users tend to do sudden lane changes when passing, then over-correct and roll...then scream in chat about their wheel "locking up". Am used to getting nailed by their loads due to how little time they give for a clean pass and merge, despite me riding the brakes while they do it to open up a little distance.

Heck, I use a trackball mouse to steer with and I rarely leave my lane with either the truck nose or the back end of my load unless I'm trying to give somebody room. Have yet to roll in multi or back when I still played solo because these US rigs are nearly impossible to flip unlike the EU ones. Long wheelbases ftw  :lol:

I had this issue yesterday. I was travelling down at about 60 mph in a 55 zone, cruising down to get a trailer from some place. There's this t-junction in the desert that has a fuel station and the other end heads up towards a Chems I think. Anyway, some guy pulls out with his load onto the main road right in front of me, I had no time at all to brake. As a natural reaction, I swerved to miss. I hit the front of his truck and took a brunt of damage, but my truck still carried on and as I tried to swerve back into the right lane and stop, someone going the opposite way was travelling down and swerved into my right lane thinking I was going to carry on down on the left. Hit him head on in the right lane and took 64% damage.

Next time, and in this game I'm pretty sure there will be another time, I'll still swerve, but I need to brake and also look at the oncoming lane if I have time. The problem with yesterday is that it was all very fast and it was a sudden reaction. I need to try and pull off the road safely to not damage anyone else because of somebody else's mistake.

You should be watching for blue dots on your GPS.  I do and If I don't see any or they're moving slowly, I pull out.  If someone comes flying out of nowhere and hits me afterward, it probably means they weren't paying close enough attention.

Also there are some pretty obvious trouble spots that are good places to anticipate and slow down.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived