Missions/Routes with Friends (Party System)

Yes or no to a "Party System"  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel like this should be added to American Truck Sim.?

• Yes, this would save time and would make the server more enjoyable with friends
    • No, it wouldn't be beneficial to add this to the server.

This poll is closed to new votes

Suggestion Name:

Party System for American Truck Sim.

Suggestion Description:

Ive recently started to play on your server and found it really fun to see other truckers. I got my friend to get the game being really exited because I thought it would be so fun to travel on the same routes as him. I found out soon after that it's EXTREAMLY hard to find the same route as my friend, so I figured it would be helpful to all with this same issue if there was a way to get into a sort of "party" with your friend and the "party" leader could select the route that you and your friend would do. The route that the party leader selects shows up on everyone gps so everyone can do the mission.

Any example images:

None

Why should it be added?:

It should be added because I'm sure others run into this same exact issue when playing on your server. It would make everything with a friend so much less difficult for groups of players on your server, making it more popular in the long run and expanding how long people play.

Thanks for reading and if you disagree or agree with this I'd live to hear your oppinion in the reply section below. Thanks again!

• Upvote 9

so basically a VTC

then you send each other the route to add into the GPS

but we do need to some form of job sync but that project died -_-

No electrons were harmed during the creation, transmission or reading of this posting. However, many were excited and some may have enjoyed the experience

https://discord.gg/jgJ326p

Firstly, please follow the format or this'll be rejected immediately by a CM.

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:

Any example images:

Why should it be added?:

Secondly: Why you like your own post and vote yes on your own poll? Isn't that cheating? :P

Finally, I believe this could be accepted only when we get server side profiles and server side economy.

(Btw welcome to the forums! ;))

^ I agree, it sounded great, but kinda died out. Would be good to see something similar to this implemented into MP.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

how about you make a profile called mp(for example, or whatever) take a job, pick a truck, customize it the way you want(and works in mp), share the profile with your friends. that way you all have same cargo, trucks, paint job, etc. when a new convoy is made just modify the profile with desired job, truck... and share it again(same thing as job sync, but with more customizability) IMO.  

^

That would work but a lot of people would probable rather use their accounts. A big part of the game is grinding to pimp out your truck and that would ruin it in my oppinion. I can see what you're saying though.

Edited by MettleMeat
Remove unnecessary quotation.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 to this for both games, not just american sim.

also i believe there is another solution which has always been around.. with the usage of WoT jobs:

just make sure you and your friends are on World of Trucks jobs page, refresh, and you'll see the same jobs.

once all of you press refresh at the same time, all of you will have to choose a job.

***if at any point after the refresh, one or more of your friends exit the WoT jobs page, only those friends will see different jobs if one of your friends who stayed on the WoT job page selected the job all of you supposedly wanted to take.***

then there's ETS2Sync and Virtual Speditor. Or let your friends download your profile after you've picked up the job.

Have a good one and as always, happy trucking~

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

• 2 months later...

For those wanting to sync with friends / VTC just use this program:

Sure it would be nice to have a feature like this already in the game, but it's already kind of here, just need to use the above program every time you want to sync with a player. 

NOTE: With the program make sure you ONLY sync the DLC that every player owns. If you happen to select a DLC someone who you want to sync with doesn't own you get a completely different list of loads. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There is the alternative of using WOT (world of trucks) contracts to get the same jobs. This can be an easy way to drive with your friends and VTC drivers.

• Upvote 1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this isn't really needed. SCS provided a tool for this it is called World of Trucks, which opens up external contracts, everyone that owns ATS and ETS can register with WoT and then choose a destination city and then ask their friends if they have a load to there, only issue that there would be, is the lack of a State/country DLC. so this is a -1 from me and the reason is already listed as to why.

• 2 months later...

I think you think well, but how do you communicate with the rest of the players? :huh:

Locating on the map can be very difficult. You need to think it through.

But with this suggestion, most people will play ATS. ^_^

RequieB

Game Moderator of the Year 2018 

• 3 weeks later...

good idea.I agree with you.but this problem can be solved by sharing the same profile with the other friend and you can make a nice trip with your friend. +1 

I do not think they need to open an extra server.