Engine Pack Sound of Kriechbaum

Morely92

hi.....sorry but im french so its hard to read the forum also i never post on a forum so sorry if I was bothering you at this point and if we can put the forum in french i never do this thing and what do you says about search you want i search what ? and also you if want to have a clean forum put something for the person dont know where or how post something i dont know what doing to demand a mod or talk with someone just for information about all the mod work online ! and heyhohococo what is CM otherwise ?

Please update your post to follow the format.

Suggestions have to follow the format:

A fitting title.

A description of what the suggestion is about.

A reason why it should be added/removed/changed.

Any eventual example images or similar.

Remember to keep your post structured and easy to read.

For example:

Suggestion Name:

Suggestion Description:

Any example images:

Why should it be added?:

Example:

Suggestion Name: Add non collision zones within delivery depots

Suggestion Description: At the moment there is collision zones around the entire map, it would benefit everyone if there were non collision zones within the delivery depots and dropoff points.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: It'd allow multiple users to deliver at the same time.

+1 I like this idea. Change the format quick, otherwise it will get rejected!

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

^Copy the format that Leeds Lad gave you, then fill it in, similar to the example he has given you. No need to make a new post, just edit this current post, so it has the correct format.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Support!

We've got permission!

nwecck.png

It will probaly get rejected though. We suggested a sound mod. No one could find a problem with it, but then a community manager come and say: "It's very unlikely we'll add this; rejected." À la ETS2MP-staff suggestion management. Sad to see how this suggestion-forum is treated. 

-Owl

^

It's a general rule, to avoid unfortunate events. If they had to spend time moderating each and every single mod that exists, to filter out what works and what doesn't work in MP without issues, it would literally take hundreds if not thousands of man-hours - and keep in mind that new mods are being released all of the time, so it's a constant struggle to keep up with it.

No matter if you understand why it is like this or not, you need to accept it - it's a rule you accepted as part of signing up on this site and playing their MP-mod.

Read more here: https://forum.ets2mp.com/index.php?/topic/16901-why-no-mods-are-allowed/

^^

I understand the purpose of that post, it's reasonable in some ways. But if you use a mod at your own risk loading from your own, local client I don't see a reason to worry. If there's some other issue that is not named in the post you linked, I'd fully accept that.

-Owl

the big problem is, is that when you add a external mod which is "foreign" to the game, such as a sound pack or a paint scheme, because the game naturally doesn't have it in the game file for every copy of the game sold, it can cause glitches, missing textures, broken sounds and crashed games because it may be fine for you because the file is within your system, but people who don't have or want the file, it will crash their game because its not a "natural" file to the game. no matter whether you use a mod at your own risk, its a bannable offence if you are caught using a Mod that causes people to glitch or crash around you, that's why really only save game edits are allowed (if verified) in Multiplayer, because the files are already there for everyone who has the game, so even though its not In its rightful place, it wont cause glitches or crashes for anyone around you, at least that's the theory.

If it were possible for the mod to only use the sound files if they were installed on the system, this would work. In other words, those with the mod will hear the modded engine sounds for all trucks including their own, those without the mod will hear stock sounds for all trucks. Of course, I don't know how the MP mod decides what files to use for the sounds, but I would like to think the sounds are generated based of the local files on each players' system. Thus I wouldn't see the problem with white listing a sound mod like this one (as long as it doesn't add other features to the trucks or metadata).

That being said, I would love to be able to use this mod in particular in MP. I think it brings a lot more immersion to the trucking experience.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't understand why replacement files cause such problems, as long as it doesn't include single standalone file inside, linked to game.

When the guy with mod enabled will hear loudpipe V8 sound when he drives, or when a V8 passes by him;  the other without mod will hear default V8 sound and the other guy's  when passing by.   I just think like GTA San Andreas  mods , I had used dozens of them in Multiplayer servers, and never had/caused single problem.

Devs, please try this type of mods in test server. Replacement mods shouldn't crash the game, just like soundmods (if mods' namefiles and folders are totally same)

^I expect that in the upcoming update all the trucks we get will be given new sounds as SCS gets more R and D for each truck, much like ETS2 where trucks had their sounds changed months after they were added to the game, besides, sound mods are completely against the MP rules because they require external files to work, where as save game edits just change existing game files instead, so you can, say, give the W900 the engine sound of the T680 or the 579, but you cant grab a random sound file from a V8 or i6 or i8 from the internet and expect it to be completely legit and not cause massive errors and crashes, hence the MP rules against unauthorised modifications.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.