ecypert

Suggestion Name: Personal NameTag

Suggestion Description: I know that we, as drivers, can see everyone else's name tags, but when I set mine, I want to know that I did not mess it up. I also like the idea of being able to just see my own name above my truck so that way I can see how cool it looks when doing a convoy with friends with similar tags. This can be an option that is turned off and on with the same menu that is used to change color and name ID. It could be a click box and say "See Personal NameTag" or something similar. 

Any example images:  No, I can graphically design that lol :) ... But it could be like World of Warcraft style how you can show and hide your overhead nametag. 

Why should it be added?: I feel that it should be added because of drivers like me that want to see their own tag. Whether it be for a few minutes to double check that the icon is correct, the color is matching with the truck or company, the ID itself is correct, etc. There are also drivers out there like myself that want to be able to have the option of just seeing the name tag along with everyone else's name tag. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^

Makes sense. Usually my tag isn't that long so I don't have to worry about it, but that would be nice to see. 

Another thing that can work is perhaps limiting the characters you can enter to the maximum length of the tag that will show. 

I think that what everyone wants is a toggle key to show/hide your own name/tag above your truck. To see how other players see them.

It's a good idea, not needed, but could be a useful small feature added to the mod.

The developers are already working on more important things, maybe they will add that feature in the future. Who knows.

In the meantime, you can ask a friend to take a screenshot of your truck and your name from his perspective and make your changes with the help of that said screenshot.

• 3 weeks later...

THe function was added to the tab list but it still cuts a bit off. Maybe this isnt such a bad idea, as long as we can toggle it :)

+1

iHobbit | Report Moderator

"You are entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical attention. Anything else that you get is a privilege"

~USP Alcatraz

Game Reports <> Ban Appeals  <> Support <> Feedback <> Recruitment <> Game Rules >