A single player killing your FPS

Shilka

I've noticed two times now that a precence of a single player near me can absolutely trash my FPS.

Example: I'm driving in the middle of nowhere and in front of me I see a lone truck without a trailer parked on the side of the road. (he seems to be normally parked, not crashed into something or clipping in the ground or such)

As soon as I'm like within 100 meters of him, my FPS starts dropping sharply (using steam FPS counter).

When next to him, my FPS has dropped from 60 to 8-12 FPS. As soon as I'm passed him my FPS slowely improves again, and once distance is 100+ m again my FPS goes back to normal 60 FPS.

When pressing TAB, I see that he is the only person in the list next to me, no other players in the list, so I'm pretty sure that it is his truck causing the sharp FPS drop.

So couple of questions: What causes this, is that player using unallowed mods that make my FPS drop or something like that?

Also, should I report that player, and will an admin be able to see that he is causing sharp FPS drops as well when he checks him out?

Just to make it clear, I'm not talking about a 'regular' FPS drop, like approaching the Oxnard traffic jam where you get 60+ players into view, it makes perfect sense that that will cause an FPS drop, I'm talking about a single lone truck causing a very sharp and noticable FPS drop as soon as you get near him. Also, my pc is near recommended specs, so except for the huge clusters of trucks at Oxnard and similar places I rarely see any FPS drops.

Edit: this was in ATSMP btw Euro1 server.

But...1 truck ? his PC should explode trying to load 60 players, if he lags so bad from just 1.

If there are any issues on server side, coding or the likes, i'm sure the devs are already aware and looking into it.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

Shilke, I have noticed this too. Next time I will pay more attention because MAYBE there`s something to do with these unnecessary mods that players insist to use on MP.

Doesn`t happen always, I have 30 to 60FPS almost all the time running at 2560x1440 + 200%. But sometimes even when there`s only a player or a couple, have a huge fps drop.

Could be a MOD, don`t know, lets try to pay more attention next time.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

This is just your computer loading the trucks in and out. Depending on your specs it may do it better or worse.

I have these loading freezes in singleplayer when I use more then 6 gigs of mods (for example promods+ rusmaps + jazzycat trailer packs), and this is nothing like it.

This only happend 2 times to me so far, the hundreds of other players I pass do nothing to my FPS, and even the traffic jams at oxnard I end up with better FPS then with this single one truck I am talking about. It is also a gradual process. The closer I get, the more I (FPS)lag, and the lag only gets better if you increase your distance to the player again.

Thanks@carlsagan, was wondering if more people had a similar experience. Hopefully someone can shed some more light on this.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived