Making global announcements stand out

gwait

Suggestion Name:

Global announcements vs regular administrator messages

Suggestion Description:

Basically, when an administrator posts a global announcement, it looks like as if they're posting a regular message in the chat (other than ADMIN included and red text). My proposal is to better differentiate global announcements and make it stand out from normal administrator messages that are posted in the chat.

So if an administrator posts a message:

adminName (id): message

or an announcement:

ADMIN adminName (id): message

(hopefully I got the format right)

As you can see, it's pretty hard (especially for new players) to distinguish between whether it's a global announcement or a normal message as either format looks like a regular message or an announcement. Sometimes you even see players typing in the chat trying to talk to the administrator after a global announcement because they think the administrator is nearby.

My suggestion is to change the announcement message to something like:

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENT: message

ANNOUNCEMENT: message

Any example images

Nop

Why should it be added?:

Because it allows players to better distinguish between a regular administrator message and an announcement that is being made globally. This suggestion is more of a suggestion that makes the life easier for both the administrators and players.

I think that whether it shows admin name or 'announcement', it still shows that an administrator is online on the server, but a player might not be able to contact an administrator if they don't know their name. Another reason why administrator name is unnecessary in the announcement because after an administrator makes an announcement, they might get PMs which might bother them after they post the announcement.

Actually, you can already see it right now. If the message itself is in black (red name and black text) it's a local message. If the name is red and the text is red, it's an announcement. 

But yeah, it might be a good idea to add something extra in front of the text to give a better indication.

Scar | Retired Legend

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Banned: HELP! - Report a player - Help - Rules - Staff recruitment - Complaints/feedback

• 2 years later...

Nowadays, this is a thing as the format looks like this: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Game Moderator ~name~ (ID): Text

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.