why youtbers and streamers cheat?

Son_of_a_Trucker

i know they dont want to do the grind, but ive seen streamers and youtubers cheat and get an account that has millions of dollars, or use cheat engine. to the ppl that play it like its supposed to be played it really isn't cool, at least to me. i do understand that they dont want to grind it out or dont have time,and why do you need 900 mill, whats the fun in that? i mean im lvl 23 with 2 drivers and paid off my first 400k loan. and im getting good money. its not hard to do. i know it takes time but to the ppl that want to play it legit, the cheating is just pointless in my opinion. but in every game, there are cheaters.

I can understand why people have cheated profiles, but I personally prefer to play legit.

I have friends who only want to play ATS-MP every now and again and just want a profile with a good truck so they can have a bit of fun with me; Whereas, I'm in for the long run and like to earn every penny legit. :)

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

Some people prefer to play from the start and grind everything out, others prefer to simply set their money/XP and play that way.

Why?

Either the person does not really care about the whole 'company' aspect of the game because they just like to deliver the cargo from start to destination, or sometimes people just prefer to play Multiplayer with their friends but don't care about the 'company' aspect and just like to deliver cargo with their friends.

I don't really think it's necessarily just youtubers or streamers do that, because anyone can be a streamer or a youtuber.

A streamer or youtuber might have series called 'From 0 to nothing', in which case they wouldn't cheat their money and XP but then also maybe someone else is doing a series where they don't care about the money or XP.

So generally there are many reasons of why someone would cheat money or XP, but it really just depends on the scenario or the person.

I'd say playing online is cheating because there's no AI traffic to slow you down. I'm not a streamer nor a youtuber but my ETS2MP profile is cheated to the max, simply because I don't care about the whole company feature in MP. It's just about driving, meeting other truckers and doing convoys. I find it more fun to do serious trucking in single player, where the world is more realistic. Although, I have to admit that I haven't touched single player since I started with ETS2MP. Also, we're alpha (or is et beta now?) testers. Things will probably be different when the project is done. If there's gonna be a serverside economy which affects us in way that makes "cheating" actual cheating, I won't do it anymore. By that time we're all gonna have to start from zero. And by that time I hope the online trucking world to be more lively, with thousands of truckers on a server and not too many servers to separate us. For now I think it helps the devs if we have access to all trucks, accessories etc. so it can all be thoroughly tested.

On ETS2 I know some youtubers cheated just to use the modded trucks and to customize to their full ability. Some find it boring to watch episode after episode of someone doing their career. I know Squirrel had a profile where he showcased mods and another one where he did episodes of his career. Depending on the hauls you take, early hauls will take up 20 mins per episode. Level up enough and one trip will take 30-40 mins. It depends on their subscribers and what viewers want to watch. Just to put it into perspective, Squirrel took about 15 episodes at 20 mins each before he had enough money to buy his first truck.

See I have never used a cheated profile for MP etc, ive used one for testing Mods in Singleplayer so I can buy trucks and everything instead of having to play and grind in order to check out mods etc, but my main gameplay is always from the beginning and not modded, the trucks I drive in ATS, ive spent 60+ hours working my way up to have enough cash and XP to unlock and drive them.

i know they dont want to do the grind, but ive seen streamers and youtubers cheat and get an account that has millions of dollars, or use cheat engine. to the ppl that play it like its supposed to be played it really isn't cool, at least to me. i do understand that they dont want to grind it out or dont have time,and why do you need 900 mill, whats the fun in that? i mean im lvl 23 with 2 drivers and paid off my first 400k loan. and im getting good money. its not hard to do. i know it takes time but to the ppl that want to play it legit, the cheating is just pointless in my opinion. but in every game, there are cheaters.

I bought a peterbuilt and the game gave me $10,000,000 for no reason, I don't want it but I can't remove it :(

Signature removed by Donald Trump.

^

You actually can remove it. With a little help of a simple save game extractor, you can set your money to whichever value you want.

I also had millions, but then I set it back to $100.

cheat engine doesn't work, I type in the ammount of $$$ I have and it doesn't find anything :(

Signature removed by Donald Trump.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived