To The Developers !

Old No 7

Hello Truckers MP Team,

I was wondering If you could setup some sort of system or coding so that when another player hits your ( truck / trailer ) they pay for the damages,

or if you hit another driver ( player ) you pay for the damage. instead of when ever a player gets hit they always pay for their own damage when most of the time it's a hit & run.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. ER.

This would be very hard for the server to process. What if some chain of reactions happens which causes a crash, which is not your fault, but because the server is following a script would deem you as the perpetrator.

E.g. You get flipped by a truck, slide across the ground and hit another truck.

Besides the server has no control over our in game currencies as that is client side.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

Could be controversial, especially if the server lags etc.

I agree, not everyone runs into you on purpose, if the server lags or your connection drops slightly, it can allow the person behind you to run into you because on their screen you suddenly become static and with hardly any time to avoid, a crash is inevitable, although id love to see this at some stage, it needs to be when the issue with lag and the dreaded rubber-banding trucks are able to be either lessened or removed entirely.

I agree, not everyone runs into you on purpose, if the server lags or your connection drops slightly, it can allow the person behind you to run into you because on their screen you suddenly become static and with hardly any time to avoid, a crash is inevitable, although id love to see this at some stage, it needs to be when the issue with lag and the dreaded rubber-banding trucks are able to be either lessened or removed entirely.

Totally agree mate.

I think this won't work really good.

There are plenty of situations in which you hit another truck, but it's not your fault (for example because someone rammed you). But you'd still have to pay, because you were the one who hit the truck.

And besides that, wouldn't it be really resource-intensive for the server to check who drove into who at every crash?

Yea it's a great idea if the only accidents are caused by trolls...

Yesterday I rear ended someone because they where eating and playing, I'm guessing they braked to hard and with the slight hill killed their movement...

It was located at the winding road near the winery (north east one), so I was paying attention to the curves as they where 250m ahead at least, they prob had a better engine than me as we both left at the same time :D

We pulled off the road and talked for a few lol.

While it's their fault it could of equally happened with someone there turning improperly cutting into the lane, and how many 3rd party crash causing drivers actually hang around? What I've seen is 0.

About the claiming idea via website that makes more work for admins etc...

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived