Stuttering and pausing when loading truck models

The Imaginative Lad

Mod Version: 2.0.7.2
Controllers Used: Logitech Driving Force GT
Description of Issue: When any truck loads in I get a pause which can vary in length but it is usually between 1-5 seconds each time. This is causing major de-sync which is affecting me and the players around me, this did eventually force me to pull off when someone was following me and caused damage to both me and him. This has only started happening on this mod version. I running between 50 and 90 fps but the video is capped at 30 fps. I am on 150MB fibre optic broadband which on my network gives my PC around 30MB/s.
How to reproduce: Drive around players
Screenshots / Videos:

Major pauses start around 0:20

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

PC Specs: 

AMD A6-3500 Tri Core @2.8Ghz now @3.0Ghz OC

AMD R7-260x 2GB GDDR5 Gpu@1200Mhz Mem@1675Mhz OC

4+4GB Kingston ram

120GB SSD, 2TB HDD, 500GB Hybrid SSHHD

650Watt CIT PSU

Benchmark CPU result:

KhgYdWm.png

(Clocks are reported wrong for some reason)

Here is how it compares to other AMD A6 APU's:

Sibw6cH.png

1105615.png

This issue with the stuttering and freezing has only started since the past update. Before this, it ran perfectly. What have they changed?

I have tried, as you can see by the previous post, further increasing the clock from 2.8Ghz to 3Ghz. This has no difference what so ever. (the bench pics show 3GHz)

Also, the temperatures stay around 50C under load, so it is not too bad.

1105615.png

Turning off "development logging" in the multiplayer settings fixed all the lag I had when loading players, however then you can no longer view spawning logs if someone were to ever ram you then alt+f4. But it's worth a try if your game is lagging that bad. That's just what fixed my problems, it may not fix yours. 

signature2019.png.8d2d82f1f80e57ce817e965f0bdde2eb.png

Signature made by Aestrial

The problem is that you overclocking your CPU. Your CPU can only max to 2.4GHz but your can't overclock your CPU over 2.4GHz. Also I don't see how your CPU can go 2.8 or 3.0GHz. Maybe you CPU is out of date or something, i'm probably not 100% sure about this. So far I know that you may overclock your CPU and I don't think you need to overclock your graphics card, so you can put your graphics card back to default.

Note: I'm not 100% sure about your graphics card.

With locked APU's the multiplier can still be increased to an extent (AMD TurboCore Technology). The only effective area for my multiplier is between 2.1Ghz and 2.4Ghz. I can set it to 2.5Ghz and beyond but that will have no affect (Upto 4.2GHZ).

What I have done is increase the FSB from the stock 100 to 125, at 130 my pc is unstable, so I set to 125 to work as a buffer. ( I have also stepped up voltages accordingly)

With the multiplier at 2.4Ghz and the FSB at 125 this brings my clock to 3.0Ghz. 

When overclocking with the FSB, this overclocks everything. (Ram, SATA, PCI-E slots, Motherboard, etc).

Yes I know my APU is overdue for an upgrade but is still more than capable of running the multiplayer client with no stuttering, this recent update has made it stutter. Before the update their was no stutter, if any it was mili-seconds.

Another thing to note is when players do load in my CPU load jumps from around 60% to 85% and then back again. If the CPU was lacking then it would be flat out 100% at this point, which it is not.

My GPU has nothing to do with the stuttering.

Note - An APU is an Accelerated Processing Unit (Fancy name for CPU) the only difference being is Radeon HD graphics are built in. (I have disabled the graphics from the chip and am instead using a dedicated card).

1105615.png

Turning off "development logging" in the multiplayer settings fixed all the lag I had when loading players, however then you can no longer view spawning logs if someone were to ever ram you then alt+f4. But it's worth a try if your game is lagging that bad. That's just what fixed my problems, it may not fix yours. 

I will try this in the next hour or so. 

Also, ALT+F4 will force close the game. Do you mean me to do this before an incident occurs?

I need development logging, this is what tells me what players are in the area and what I reference when an incident does occur, this provides me with the perpetrator's TMPID. If the problem does turn out to be this then is their a 'light' version of this option that I can enable?

1105615.png

Thanks, turning development logging helped alot. Now there are no pauses at all, even in busy areas.

I now use the /pinfo command to get ID's, etc to go along with recordings on reports as the spawning log no longer appears.

1105615.png

• 1 year later...

Hi There,

This bug report has expired and will now be closed.

If you still experience this issue, feel free to make a new bug report and we will see what we can do in regards to helping you fixing the issue

Thanks & Happy Trucking!

/Archived

Archived