Traffic in Oxnard

Just change the route on GPS. You can!

Guys, we're in a multiplayer that finally can call it that. Why? Because finally we meet player on all roads.

Also I have a little 'lagg in oxnard but I like to see the traffic jam. Moreover it also happens in real life.

You can do as Rotterdam, you won't lag? Get another port.

You can't say "You are a troll because you are in a traffic jam". 

What do you do in real life? Tell the admin to ban because one crashed, or aspects?

We are in a MULTIPLAYER game. You do not want problem like this? Play in single.

(I'm not agressive)

^theres a line between, being in a traffic jam and being the cause of a traffic jam, its the people who decide to drive unnecessarily through the smaller roads who cause the issue, if they just take the main road, problem solved, youll still have your "traffic jam" because its only one at a time single file, but people wont be getting annoyed at the fact that no one can move a wheel for 10, 20, 30, 40+ minutes. Theres also a line between whats respectful and whats just selfish and stupid, people who don't give others room or force their way through are selfish, those who wait, help others and who are patient, they are respectful drivers, if everyone is respectful, everything will be fine, but no, people HAVE to be selfish and act like idiots just because they feel like it, it spoils any fun of the GAME.

^

I don't get why this is the cause of so much hassle to you.

I've been playing ATSMP for nearly 40 hours so far, and I haven't had any major issues such as what you describe, I haven't been in a traffic jam for more than 5 minutes (except for the Staff + Public convoy, obviously).

There will always be bad drivers, rulebreakers, people who don't share the same perspective as you, and don't make use of the same logic as you. In fact, most players follow their GPS-routes blindly, and do not manually adjust their routes, thus they often end up in the same spots. Experienced ETS/ATS-truckers and experienced real world drivers/truckers will most often be the ones who share a common and more sensible logic, but those are a minority.

Don't you think you're stressing the issue a bit too much, and making a bigger fuss about it than what it actually is?

Think of it as going out IRL. If you go out in rush hour then you will get caught up in rush hour traffic jams, you plan for this. I have been in jams for hours in gridlock, so what you just deal with it. You drove there, you know their is traffic there and so next time don't go there unless you need to. It is called common sense and planning your journey accordingly. 

If I wanted to get caught up in traffic then I will use that road, if I don't then I will go round. Besides the traffic there is only stopped for roughly 10-15 minutes at most. 

Still, going with my previous I hate this road and avoid it at ALL costs.

1105615.png

MsduciabaA29N7MEu7DlydS4GHo%3D.png

Have a problem with your ban? Make an appeal

^

I don't get why this is the cause of so much hassle to you.

I've been playing ATSMP for nearly 40 hours so far, and I haven't had any major issues such as what you describe, I haven't been in a traffic jam for more than 5 minutes (except for the Staff + Public convoy, obviously).

There will always be bad drivers, rulebreakers, people who don't share the same perspective as you, and don't make use of the same logic as you. In fact, most players follow their GPS-routes blindly, and do not manually adjust their routes, thus they often end up in the same spots. Experienced ETS/ATS-truckers and experienced real world drivers/truckers will most often be the ones who share a common and more sensible logic, but those are a minority.

Don't you think you're stressing the issue a bit too much, and making a bigger fuss about it than what it actually is?

ive played ATSMP since it was launched and have come across a lot of trouble in Oxnard as well as elsewhere, people have been sat in traffic at Oxnard very long times before now, its just down to the time you play, some times are more busy than others, plus if you go through Oxnard at peak times during the traffic crisis, you will see why we are all "stressing the issue" because its a bigggg problem, much like EP in ETS2, besides, ive played enough of ETS2 to know to expect the unexpected at every turn you make of the wheel and more importantly to the issue of Oxnard, exactly how long my vehicle is and how to handle driving in 20FPS conditions.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is sometimes fun and kind of realistic when you encounter traffic, but sometimes this traffic can become a little unrealistic and frustrating when you have people that don't know what they're doing. Not sure what can be done about this. The GPS is somewhat to blame because it doesn't give the absolute best routes as from my experience. For example, the GPS may have me make 3 turns though a city when I only need to take one turn...

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.