The "False Reporting issue"

MilesInHisCarr

So there is something that is bugging me lately. I'm looking on the forums to see people making topics on how they are falsely reported, this has become a big issue that i want to address to our community.

So not too long ago (sometime this week) i was driving down a motorway sensibly. I am using a steering wheel and pedals, so i can make smooth turns and get the full experience. Anyway, so i was driving down a motor way with 3 lanes and this other player drives next to me on the middle lane. He then indicates (whilst he is driving right next to me) and begins to stride to my lane, hence he is currently about to crash into me. I beep my horn and make a sudden stop of panic (panic that i was going to crash into this "idiot"). After the sudden stop, he/she makes a sudden stop then says in chat. "Recorded and Reported". Why did he report me? I should not have. I should have been the one to report him, hence he is creating a false report online that is something he caused.

I would just like to see if we could resolve this situation as i see that it is happen more and more everyday where the victim gets accused and falsely reported. Is there a possibility that we could have more staff online to help everyone have a more better experience and to reduce the issue?

76561198031500578.png

some people do "recorded and reported" etc just to make you feel bad and they don't actually report you, its more of a deterrent

when i say it, i mean it tho

but admins tend to be nice with reports, like they won't ban someone just so they can do their monthly quota

but sometimes they noob out and do make mistake :P

Thanks man for the reply, I am kind of new to the multiplayer experience to the game. But i'm glad to see i have got some information about this issue. Again thanks man! :D :D :D

76561198031500578.png

some people do "recorded and reported" etc just to make you feel bad and they don't actually report you, its more of a deterrent

This.

And I always wish them good luck. :)

If I was in this situation, I'd say "Go on then. Let's see how far you'd get!". I then use my recording software to save the last couple of minutes, so if I was to be banned I can use that to prove my innocence. This has happened many times, and as you can see not one of those fake reports got accepted! Look on my profile. So I wouldn't worry, as long as you have the proof that they were in the wrong. :)

It's human nature to make mistakes and they unfortunately happen. If you feel you were wrongly banned then I'd submit an appeal with evidence that you weren't doing anything wron or with a malicious intent. Unfortunately like others have said they just write it in the chat but don't actually, I don't report people who apologise as mistakes and accidents happen - it's part of life to get up and move on but if people are purposely doing it then sure I agree with reporting them

Kind regards,

Matthew

like people have been saying, dont worry about it, but keep in mind if one of you had a high ping he probably wasnt seeing the same thing you were, also was he pulling a 53' trailer by any chance? i feel like people forget how long their truck is when they haul the longer trailers and dont always leave enough room to merge over before they actually start doing so, again dont worry, and if you know how to drive correctly, the only time youll ever need to worry when someone says that is when you genuinely know you've done something really stupid (i.e. ramming or driving on the wrong side of the road)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived