Does ATSMP have traffic?

Aerotactics

Alright, so I've played the game demo for ATS and that is after I bought ETS2 and have played ETS2MP. One thing I disliked about ETS2MP was the lack of traffic: driving on empty roads for many kilometers. I'm also from California, born and raised, and moved to Washington a month ago. 

Does ATSMP have traffic? It would be much better if the traffic from singleplayer carried over to multiplayer. I've seen some screens in another thread that had cars, but wasn't sure if it was actually the MP.

Alright, so I've played the game demo for ATS and that is after I bought ETS2 and have played ETS2MP. One thing I disliked about ETS2MP was the lack of traffic: driving on empty roads for many kilometers. I'm also from California, born and raised, and moved to Washington a month ago. 

Does ATSMP have traffic? It would be much better if the traffic from singleplayer carried over to multiplayer. I've seen some screens in another thread that had cars, but wasn't sure if it was actually the MP.

No, and will never ever have it.

The only trafic you will see in-game — are real players.

No AI traffic will be in mp unfortunately due to sync problems, one one persons screen there may be a car stop so they have to swerve but on another's it would just show the player swerve. I may be possible if it was server sided but it's client side. Maybe MWL4 could explain bit more

No AI traffic will be in mp unfortunately due to sync problems, one one persons screen there may be a car stop so they have to swerve but on another's it would just show the player swerve. I may be possible if it was server sided but it's client side. Maybe MWL4 could explain bit more

No personal car, just the COP, and make it based on server side like the time. The cop is like 3 in 1 area or so ...

TERjqBU.png

No personal car, just the COP, and make it based on server side like the time. The cop is like 3 in 1 area or so ...

Thats exactly the reason why they dont implement AI traffic in the game, because it needs to be done server side resulting in to overload.

However i like the base idea of 'AI/Human cops', sad it isn't in the game ;(

Thats exactly the reason why they dont implement AI traffic in the game, because it needs to be done server side resulting in to overload.

I reckon the game admins should drive around in cop cars or the like. Just to keep those bad boys  on their toes!

spacer.png

For sake of synching AI traffic, each AI vehicle would eat 1 player slot,  thus 1000 cars over 2000 real players, totalling 3000...   There are dancing trucks after 2400 connections or such , so you know why. I'd rather have another real player rather than giving that slot to lifeless AI.

Wondering if we will eventually get back to 5000+ slot servers, when the map is expanded.  Will take years to finish whole continent though. Jus' wondering whether SCS will update the game to be much more stable in terms of server load as ETS2 used to be before (4500 trucks and still no big issue, awesome traffic)

I'll be working on my ai concept soon™. However I'm strongly against ai traffic in cities. Therefore only ai traffic if implemented would be on the highways only.

For ats however due to the size of the current map, I am against ai in atsmp because even the interstate is busy enough at 900 players ;)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I'll be working on my ai concept soon™. However I'm strongly against ai traffic in cities. Therefore only ai traffic if implemented would be on the highways only.

For ats however due to the size of the current map, I am against ai in atsmp because even the interstate is busy enough at 900 players ;)

Maybe in the future when more states dlc are released?

Due to the map size, yes, there is traffic in ATS-MP, just not NPC traffic like in singleplayer; It's all other truckers.

Personally, I like it; But there is quite a lot of controversy on the topic.

Having lots of traffic on the roads is great, and I do generally enjoy stopping at lights with others or queuing with others, however, there are some people that just can't can't quite grasp 'traffic laws' or simply don't understand what mirrors are or how to use them; Obviously, those people haven't read my guide on how to avoid accidents. ;) (Self advertising is the best kind of advertising)

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

Due to the map size, yes, there is traffic in ATS-MP, just not NPC traffic like in singleplayer; It's all other truckers.

Personally, I like it; But there is quite a lot of controversy on the topic.

Having lots of traffic on the roads is great, and I do generally enjoy stopping at lights with others or queuing with others, however, there are some people that just can't can't quite grasp 'traffic laws' or simply don't understand what mirrors are or how to use them; Obviously, those people haven't read my guide on how to avoid accidents. ;) (Self advertising is the best kind of advertising)

That's the thing. Imagine those people mixed with NPC cars... (NPC sounds better than AI, I played ETS2 and ATS in single player and they may be Artificial, but Intelligence... Negative)

That's the thing. Imagine those people mixed with NPC cars... (NPC sounds better than AI, I played ETS2 and ATS in single player and they may be Artificial, but Intelligence... Negative)

The AI in ATS and ETS still following AI Line on the road, and detect another vehicles to stop and go or change lane if available. They can't move a bit to the right or left.

TERjqBU.png

^^ Then I found the bugged detection system ones. First tests with ATS, I'd be going 70 mph on the left lane of a highway in Nevada, overtaking some cars that were going like 50 (at most) behind a truck and one of them would pull out just in front of me, crash and I get a ticket. And this happened not once, but several times. They CAN move more than a bit to the right or left.

they may be Artificial, but Intelligence... Negative

Hahaha yup... tho they do resemble real life drivers...

Maybe in the future when more states dlc are released?

That's the thing I drove the whole interstate 5 in 30 minutes or abouts... from the beginning to end.

Also what I'm doing is no guarantee it be introduced into mp. But if they decide to I guarantee you it won't be artificial intelligence, they'll follow a set GPS route and should weigh more than 50 tons. This means trolls can troll but they'll either learn to fly or rot in hell

68DtpV3.jpg

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

AI Traffic just isn't going to happen. Not only would it increase demand on the server, it would diminish performance for players.

There is also the issue of just how dumb the AI is, often doing dumb things which could lead to players wrecking more. Not to mention when an AI crashes/wrecks, sometimes they'll just sit there and not move. That kind of thing wouldn't work in the ets2/ats MP environment.

Hopefully someday SCS will develop local multiplayer into the game, but until then just be happy you have multiplayer at all.

hell, even if we get the "static Cops" who sit on the side of the road enforcing speed traps, it would be interesting, instead of speed cameras for speeding fines, just have police cars sat in those areas, would look more authentic and wouldn't overload the servers, as its a static object much like the speed cameras in ETS2

Archived