Weather sync?

industria

Just reallized i've almost unlocked whole map of California and nevada and it was shiny all the time!

Found a necessary option in the game option, and here it is - rains, clouds, lightning, however looks like these are not synchronized between player.

Am i right? Will it be synced?

I think weather conditions is something that all of us should have to 'fight' with, especially if we talking about 'simulation', but having this as local setting is definitely wrong and not fun, because it's disabled by default (decreased).

• Upvote 6

Well, thats the problem, in-game settings (w.conditions) are set in game profile loo very low by default. If you will set it to maximum frequency - it will rain often, but only for you.

Thats why i would like to see synced weather conditions and i really dont understand why isn't that done until now, should not be a big issue.

+1 from me, but I doubt it can be done at the moment as the weather is effectively controlled by you and cant be accessed by the server, hence why it would be nice but is nearly impossible, unlike the time of day where its a constant factor which can be controlled by the server, SCSs option to allow us to change the probability that itll rain means that it cant be tapped into (without the setting being disabled completely on game startup and then artificially set weather patterns are programmed into the server to randomise what weather will be experienced day to day) which is all fine and good, but we go through days fast in game, so having different randomised weather patterns per day would require a stupid amount of coding and synchronising, the best that we can have in reality is that everyones rain probability is auto set by the server and that may mean that we could get rain for a few people at a time, but still, not everyone will have the exact same weather.

Weather is a matter of preference. An equal number of people like rain as much as dry conditions in game. Since it's is hard to please everybody, choosing this function is left to us. (that's why the snow mod was made optional in ETS 2) So at the moment, weather sync is not a matter of preference to the developer. 

Plus, weather sync will be available later on - wait for the mod to get into beta stage or at a more advanced stage.

A whole lot about this topic has been discussed about in the past, so for more info, search for relevant words in the Archive.

• 2 years later...

+1 I totally agree with you.

It's a simulation game! Everything here must be similar to real life.

So What? Do you have sunshine while you are on the road and it is raining on other cars?

Let me tell ; NO.

Why is there a situation in this way that is contary to reality?:truestory::tmp:

• Like 2
  • HaulieLove 1

Kind Regards,
96AV

TruckersMP Game Moderator

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

On 2/15/2016 at 11:23 PM, industria said:

While I agree that any weather does need to be synchronized, bear in mind the two examples you gave: California and Nevada. I think every state in the ATS map atm is in the top 10 in dryest states in the US so it really does not rain that much. Also it will be very difficult to sync weather since the base game allows for different weather settings and I know it will be a pain to sync. The same reason why the Random Events arent synced and theres no AI traffic. I think this is a great idea but as far as feasability idk about that part

• 2 weeks later...

+1 Development wise I think the chance of seeing weather sync being implemented is really low but yeah it's a great idea.

Also another issue would be implementing the friction just like in real. In real life there is friction on the road on cold weather or rain. Vehicles slide if the driver touches brake(you can only slightly touch your brake for half of a second) or pulls the retarder more than 2nd level.

But both of this features probably won't gonna get implemented.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggested before. People did not like it because they want to decide for themselves when it is raining or sunny.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.