Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Do something about collision...

i_am_beardman

Something needs to change with collision. I would hate for it to go away completely, but when you have a $20k load on the high way that weighs 41,000lbs and some griefer without a trailer pulls in front of you and slams on his breaks so you run into him causing $8000 in dmg to the load and $18k in dmg to your truck... it just makes me not want to play this anymore.

And then a driver named jxnalx (i had to stop my recording and rewatch to find his name, so i have proof of this one) driving down the wrong side of the high way playing chicken with oncoming trucks. I would have reported him in game, but he was going very fast the other direction. US server is a ball of no fun at all tonight.

Yeah, there's plenty of disrespectful drivers in MP. The best advice I could give is to save often in places where there won't usually be drivers, or to get an edited save with endless cash.

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

Maybe this is something you should blame on:

The most mysterious thing ever evolved in the history, yet the most hateful creature ever existed since computers are invented..... We can not predict when this thing will come or leave.... and what's worse: you can only watch this thing messing up your life but can do absolutely nothing at all......

This thing is called LAG. Nice to meet lag, and have fun in game~

----------Story ended. Now that lag causes random truck to stop suddenly, and can not be controlled: You can keep a safe distance (200m+) with other trucks when driving on freeway, and there will be enough space for you to brake&change lanes and avoid the collision. Good Luck!

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Something needs to change with collision. I would hate for it to go away completely, but when you have a $20k load on the high way that weighs 41,000lbs and some griefer without a trailer pulls in front of you and slams on his breaks so you run into him causing $8000 in dmg to the load and $18k in dmg to your truck... it just makes me not want to play this anymore.

300 to 400 are banned every day. They SHOULD say this on chat as official messenger. People will be intimidated. Not everyone, but a lot of them. But no, they prefer to talk about radio and things like that.

They should use the chat to show the rules, to show how many "truckers" are betting banned every day for doing stupid things. This will surely almost eliminate the trolls and safe unnecessary works for admins.

There's a false sense of impunity on the air and it's a admins fault. People have no idea that ban is a real thing. They not log on this forum, they don't know anything about rules. Admins have the message system and just choose not to use it to communicate people about how policies have been changed and people are now getting banned as never.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

I was hoping for better experience on the US server since I have a lot better ping (between 10-30ms 90% of the time) but it seems every bit of EU people migrated to the US servers and I see people with insane ping from China, AUS and BR connecting to the US servers, the best US server is ruined by people from all over the world connecting to it and the better ping I have there is now useless if all others have 250-400ms ping, I see a lot of people with good ping below 70ms, but we're invaded with bad ping people too...

76561198104067447.png

^

So you want a server that only americans can enter? Good luck playing with 15 guys.

I have 120ms on EU server and works really fine, very well synchronized. Ping is not a problem at all on ATS or ETS MP. It's not a FPS game, people should play this smothly, so if you don't have insane ping you're fine. Read the rules.

"Trucks don't hit trucks, Truckers hit trucks". By me

Maybe this is something you should blame on:

The most mysterious thing ever evolved in the history, yet the most hateful creature ever existed since computers are invented..... We can not predict when this thing will come or leave.... and what's worse: you can only watch this thing messing up your life but can do absolutely nothing at all......

This thing is called LAG. Nice to meet lag, and have fun in game~

----------Story ended. Now that lag causes random truck to stop suddenly, and can not be controlled: You can keep a safe distance (200m+) with other trucks when driving on freeway, and there will be enough space for you to brake&change lanes and avoid the collision. Good Luck!

Heh... no. It definitely wasn't lag. Him and his friend did it to multiple people and were in chat saying things like "oh sorry hit the wrong button". They did it to a few trucks in front of me too.

I was hoping for better experience on the US server since I have a lot better ping (between 10-30ms 90% of the time) but it seems every bit of EU people migrated to the US servers and I see people with insane ping from China, AUS and BR connecting to the US servers, the best US server is ruined by people from all over the world connecting to it and the better ping I have there is now useless if all others have 250-400ms ping, I see a lot of people with good ping below 70ms, but we're invaded with bad ping people too...

so what??? many of us aussie's have it lot better on US server then EU majority of times it runs smoothly except sometimes odd lag from some players who are very low ping sometimes so i doubt ping plays a big role i think more of netcodes as it is a lot more stable then it used to be... nothing wrong with it keep the distance and it be fine..

@i_am_beardman nothing you can really do about idiots except report or record the incident. i see it often 90% of times i avoid the collision by just sticking my course and slow down to keep distance.. the other 10% of time the idiots go str8 for you nothing you can do about it really... i record everything now for fun of it... 

https://vivatrucks.com/banner/4239/3

That's ignorant beyond belief.

I can play the same card and blame *you* for stealing players from EU2.

steam.php?id=vargurr&pngimg=gordon2&tbor

@OP

Learn to adapt your speed and be ready for those situations. In your described situation, no one should surprise you by pulling in front of you. You should see them approaching and slow down. Don't assume the other guy will give you way, that's how accidents happen in life too. Assume everyone else is out to get you  :lol:  .

But really, there are things you can do to avoid most nuisances - drive at a safe speed, stay in your lane, watch for the trucks in front of you and be ready for anything. Lag and trolls included.

Truck drivers do it everyday.

stvsmaller_zps107050c2.png

Doing the Multiplayer Hardcore Challenge on the Europe #2 Server - Currently level 15

Nothing need to be changed. People should get banned for griefing (they are, they will), you need only to submit a ticket with your proofs.

windows 10 (xbox recorder), nvidia user (shadowplay) allows you to record things after they happened to you (past record) without to overload your system all the time.

I crashed on some dumb who decided to make a U turn just in front of me, in the middle of an highway. I reloaded a savegame.

Another time, a silly stopped in front of me for whatever reason. Maybe I was too close but apparently his brakes were on maximum sensitivity, which can be an issue right? everyone should have the same parameter IMO.

So, I decided to keep driving because the damage were not so high. And surprise, I payed way less than expected. It seems to have some insurance thing. Damages were something like thousands dollars worth and I payed less than 1000 in total, which looked weird, but hey, I won't complain XD.

I crashed on some dumb who decided to make a U turn just in front of me, in the middle of an highway. I reloaded a savegame.

Another time, a silly stopped in front of me for whatever reason. Maybe I was too close but apparently his brakes were on maximum sensitivity, which can be an issue right? everyone should have the same parameter IMO.

So, I decided to keep driving because the damage were not so high. And surprise, I payed way less than expected. It seems to have some insurance thing. Damages were something like thousands dollars worth and I payed less than 1000 in total, which looked weird, but hey, I won't complain XD.

Keep the distance, there is no excuse for smashing in to someones back.

p.s. not using save&load at all (only to backup, just in case saves will be corrupted), because it breaks the game immersion. If you got a crash - you should live with it and accept it was your fault and you should drive cleaner. Just in case it wasnt your fault - submit a ticket or just be happy with someone's apologies.

Well, I don't want to keep going if I get too much damages. I enjoy the immersion at my own level, thanks for your concern. Anyway it's broken since there are way more dumb drivers in this online mod than IRL, right? XD

And I have my driver licence but I like to chill out in that game. Driving can be stressful enough already.

I take advantage of the save system for incidents involving other drivers. If some troll rams into my truck or forces me off the road, I will absolutely use my last save to restore and start over.

But if it is my fault that my truck got damaged in the first place I just continue on and accept the consequences. Generally the damage fines aren't that harsh and repairing that truck never gets too expensive.

There are plenty of times I've had problems with people driving carelessly and just generally causing not observing their surrounding correctly.

The only thing I can suggest is to make manual saves whenever you can.

The more you save, the last chance you have of these issues affect your bank.

I know this shouldn't really be the solution; I understand the staff try hard to keep things under control, but with 2000 players on 1 server and maybe less than 5 staff, it's difficult for them.

But considering the amount of players and the density of them on ATS at least, accidents are not as common as they could be. :)

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

@OP

Learn to adapt your speed and be ready for those situations. In your described situation, no one should surprise you by pulling in front of you. You should see them approaching and slow down. Don't assume the other guy will give you way, that's how accidents happen in life too. Assume everyone else is out to get you  :lol:  .

But really, there are things you can do to avoid most nuisances - drive at a safe speed, stay in your lane, watch for the trucks in front of you and be ready for anything. Lag and trolls included.

Truck drivers do it everyday.

Adapt my speed? How am I supposed to do that when they speed passed me without lights on in the dark, pull right in front of me and slam on their breaks when i have a 40k lbs load? please show me your magics

There are plenty of times I've had problems with people driving carelessly and just generally causing not observing their surrounding correctly.

The only thing I can suggest is to make manual saves whenever you can.

The more you save, the last chance you have of these issues affect your bank.

I know this shouldn't really be the solution; I understand the staff try hard to keep things under control, but with 2000 players on 1 server and maybe less than 5 staff, it's difficult for them.

But considering the amount of players and the density of them on ATS at least, accidents are not as common as they could be. :)

Purposely causing someone to wreck their truck and damage their load into a complete loss is not careless driving...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived