A braking challange for you!

dutchnoskillz

Hey are you enjoying the American Trucks in this game? than i found something for you guys. Those 2 video's are pretty long but they are worth it *listening* its so beautifull! 

After seeing this i wondered is there something like this in ATS? 

Well there is something called "Engine Brake" i assigned that key on my G27 and tryed to use it more often for smaller braking. You can use the engine brake along with your regular brake. 

i will say I challange you! to use more often the engine brake, especially on the W900 because it sounds so freaking awesome! 

If u can upload maybe some gameplay footage of the engine brake being applied! 

Have fun trucking and remember drive safely! 

^me too, whenever I need to slow down I use the Jake Brake more than the footbrake, especially in the W900 now (which slows down a lot faster than the Peterbilt 579) I mean, off and on ramps are so much fun with the jake brake purring away at you as you shift down to a near stop at the top to turn, I advise everone to use Jake Brakes AND Trailer brakes as they too help making those more "interesting" parking spaces as easy as any other.

I use it all the time, it's like a drug, I love it. 

I've assigned it to my too left most buttons, one is the engine brake, the other is trailer brake, I press both of them up when coming to a stop. -

same here, I have engine brake assigned to the top of the four buttons on my shifter, with indicators left and right and trailer brake as the bottom button with overrides on my keyboard incase my bindings don't work correctly, I find trailer brakes a lot more useful when parking in those super difficult drop-offs, especially with the W900 being so long and wide, just helps to push the trailer around or pull it straight without having to keep moving back and forth to straighten up.

Just bind a key to it and try it, it doesn't make any sounds if I remember well but it does help come to a stop, on a small road, just press that key without the brakes or anything. you'll see that the truck will slow down. Especially useful when you come in too fast in a corner, by hitting the trailer brake it stabilizes the truck and trailer.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived